5 Easy Low Carb Thanksgiving Recipes
Make your Thanksgiving healthier with these 5 easy low carb Thanksgiving recipes. You can still have your favorites tastes but in a low carb version. Enjoy a low carb Thanksgiving when you make low carb recipes for stuffing, cranberry sauce, vegetables and even dessert.
If you want to make a low carb cranberry sauce, you will need:
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar substitute meant for cooking
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange peel
- Rinse cranberries and pat dry.
- Combine water, sugar substitute and orange juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the cranberries and orange peel to the saucepan.
- Let the cranberries simmer until the cranberry skins pop open. Remove from the stove and let cool. Chill before serving.
To make shrimp cocktail, a low carb appetizer, you will need:
- 2 pounds shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Chill the shrimp in the refrigerator for at least one hour. When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and place one serving of shrimp into a margarita glass.
- Peel and slice the avocado. Add a few avocado slices to each glass. Add a tablespoon of chopped onion and chopped tomato.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over each serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
To make a low carb Thanksgiving stuffing, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or defrosted if frozen)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- Put the butter in a pan and add the chopped vegetables. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- In a bowl place the cranberries, nuts, pork lemon juice and seasoning. Add the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
To make low carb pumpkin bars, you will need:
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons oat flour
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute meant for baking
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the eggs with brown sugar substitute. Add vanilla and pumpkin and mix well.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients except the nuts. Now mix together the wet and dry ingredients well.
- Mix in the nuts. Put into a greased baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cook about five minutes longer if you use a square pan.
- Let the bars rest in the pan for ten minutes. Cut into serving pieces and serve.
To make low carb mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, you will need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Core the cauliflower and chop it roughly. Steam it with the garlic until quite soft.
- Put the cauliflower into a food processor and add two tablespoons of the cooking water and the mayonnaise. Process until smooth.
- Remove to a bowl and add salt and pepper and cheese. Mix together. Serve as part of a low carb Thanksgiving meal.