5 Easy Mexican Holiday Recipes
With the holiday coming, there is no better way than to celebrate the occasion with these 5 easy Mexican holiday recipes. These Mexican holiday recipes will provide delicious and palatable meals to indulge during the holidays.
Mexican Pizza. A Mexican appetizer that one can make in less than an hour.
- 1 can of refried beans
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 pound of ground beef
- vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- sour cream
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- drained green chilies (diced)
- ½ diced avocado
- sliced black olives
- Cook ground beef until brown. Then add seasoning mix and stir.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Place one corn tortilla, and flip it over after fifteen seconds and fry for another fifteen seconds.
- Cook the rest of the tortillas in the same manner as step 2. Then, drain them on a paper towel. Arrange them on a cookie sheet, spreading beans on a thin layer then a layer of beef and cheese on the tortillas.
- Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream, olives, tomatoes, green onions, chiles and avocado.
Rosca de Reyes (Three Kings Bread). A Mexican recipe perfect for the holiday season as the bread will look like a wreath.
- 1/3 cup of warm water
- 4 cups flour
- packet of yeast
- a cup of sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- ¾ cup of butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- 2 cups of assorted fruits
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- a small figurine toy
- Place the yeast on the surface of the water to stay for ten minutes. Mix in a bowl the yeast water, sugar, eggs, flour, butter, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract in order to make dough, kneading it for five minutes.
- Set aside and let the dough rise double in size for two hours. Shape dough like a wreath in circle, making thin strips and braid shape. The dough’s diameter should be at least twelve inches.
- Lift one area to insert the small figurine inside and put ends together. Layer the fruits on top, pressing them in lightly.
- Brush top with egg wash sprinkled with sugar. Bake for 45 minutes. Anyone who gets the share with the figurine inside is task to prepare a special recipe the next holiday season.
- chili pepper
- 1 ½ cups of salsa
- ½ tsp. salt
- ground beef
- 6 flour tortillas
- lettuce (shredded)
- avocado slice
- thinly sliced red onion
- sour cream
- cilantro leaves
- Soak the chili pepper into a boiling water to soak for ten minutes. Drain and remove the seeds and stem and chop them.
- Puree the salsa with chili in the blender and cook the ground beef until brown. Mix the salsa mixture with ½ tsp salt and simmer for five minutes.
- Place the meat mixture into the center of the large flour tortillas. Top with lettuce, red onion, sour cream, avocado slices and cilantro leaves and then fold the flour tortillas and serve.
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas. Prepared in just fifteen minutes.
- canola oil
- BBQ sauce
- 6 flour tostillas
- 2 cups of shredded cooked BBQ
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Spread one tsp of BBQ sauce over each tortilla as you heat oil in a skillet. Sprinkle the chicken and cheese over half of the tortilla and then fold.
- Place the quesadillas into the skillet pressing down lightly with a spatula to cook. Flip and cook for two minutes until the cheese melts. Then serve.
Mexican Chicken Salad. A 20-minute delicious Mexican dessert recipe to make anytime.
Toss down in the large bowl the following ingredients:
- shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- canned corn
- black beans
- chopped tomatoes
- diced cucumber
- tortilla chips
Make the salad dressing with the following ingredients:
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- lime juice
- cloves of garlic
- ground cumin
- hot sauce
- fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp honey
- kosher salt
- ½ ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl to make the chicken salad mixture. Then puree the ingredients for the salad dressing in a blender.
- Pour the pureed salad dressing into the chicken salad mixture. Then, serve.