5 Easy Mexican Meal Ideas
Bring the fiesta to your house by preparing one, or all, of these 5 easy Mexican meal ideas. A dinner centered around a Mexican meal theme is a lot more fun than your standard meat and potatoes or pizza dinner. Use these Mexican meal ideas to plan your next big party, whether it's for the Super Bowl or Cinco De Mayo.
To make these easy Mexican meal ideas, you will need:
- Blender or food processor
- Chef's knife and cutting board
- Lime juice
- Red onion, chopped
- Hot sauce
- Chopped red tomato
- Tortilla chips
- Baking sheet
- Sliced hot pepper rings
- Vegetable oil
- Flour tortillas
- Grated monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Chopped vegetables of your choice, such as peppers, carrots, onions
- Cooked shredded chicken or beef
- Black beans
- Hard taco shells
- Taco seasoning mix
- Toppings for tacos, such as lettuce, grated cheese, salsa
- Cooked white rice
- Chopped cilantro
- Enchilada sauce
- Casserole or baking dish
Nachos with Guacamole Mexican Meal Idea
- Slice the avocado in half. Carefully remove the large pit from the center and scoop the flesh out of the skin. Place avocado in the blender or food processor bowl along with 2 teaspoons lime juice. Process until smooth.
- Stir chopped onion, a few drops of hot sauce and chopped tomato into avocado. Set the guacamole aside.
- Spread the tortilla chips out on a large baking sheet. You want them to be in a single layer. Top with beans and shredded cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove nachos from oven. Add a dollop of guacamole to the top of the nachos. Sprinkle the sliced hot pepper on top and add a few dollops of salsa.
Mexican Meal Quesadillas
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a swirl of vegetable oil and place one flour tortilla in the skillet.
- Top tortilla with grated cheese. You can also add chopped vegetables and meat, such as chicken or beef, if you would like. Place another tortilla on top and press.
- Flip the quesadilla when the cheese has started to melt and the bottom tortilla has begun to turn brown. Cook until the quesadilla is browned on both sides and the cheese is completely melted. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Super Easy Mexican Tacos
- Place hard taco shells on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes. Heat chicken, beef or beans in a skillet and add the taco seasoning mix and 2/3 cup of water. Stir until combined and cook until the water is mostly evaporated.
- Fill taco shells with meat or beans. Top tacos with garnishes of your choice, such as shredded lettuce, cheese and salsa.
- Place 1/2 cup cooked rice on the lower portion of a flour tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup beans or the cooked meat of your choice. Garnish with cilantro. Add whatever else you would like, such as cheese, lettuce, sour cream or salsa.
- Wrap the burrito. Fold the sides in over the filling, then roll it up. Be careful not to tear the tortilla.
- Pour 1 cup enchilada sauce into a baking dish. Dip a tortilla into the dish, then place a few teaspoons of meat or beans and wrap the tortilla. Continue until the dish is full.
- Pour another cup of sauce on top of the enchiladas. Top with cheese and bake until bubbly and browned.