You and your family have been fasting during Navratri for years now and you always hit a dead end when planning to cook 5 Easy Navratri recipes? If yes, then we have solution for you.After all, Navratri is a time to celebrate and the lady of the house, who is usually responsible for cooking the sacred meal in a Hindu household, should relax and enjoy the meal.
Potatoes are the most important component of the Navratri meal. This is a nutritious and easy Navratri recipe.
- 1/2 tsp. Mango Powder
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- Rock Salt to taste
- 5 to 6 Medium sized Potatoes (boiled and cubed)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sprinkle potatoes with the salt, mango powder and rub well. Add Green chillies.
- Add the potatoes to the oil once it has been heated.
- Potatoes are ready when they turn golden brown and crisp
The festival of Navratri marks the change of seasons. During this time our body is prone to contracting illnesses like cold and flu. The Hindu scriptures preach that eating certain grains helps the body fight such diseases. Our easy Navratri recipes are incomplete without a mention of the kuttu paratha.
- 2 Cups Kuttu Flour
- 1 tsp. Rock salt
- 2 Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Dry kuttu flour for dusting
- Clarified butter or ghee
- Luke warm water
- Mix the Flour, potatoes and salt in a bowl. Slowly add water to the mix and knead to get a firm and flexible dough.
- Heat the griddle without oil.
- In the meanwhile, roll small balls (about an inch and a half in diameter) of the dough.
- Roll out the balls into chapattis. Use dry flour for dusting the surface if needed.
- Put the paratha on the griddle and reduce the heat to medium.
- Flip over once one side is cooked. And smear ghee on the cooked side.
- Flip over again and smear ghee on the other side.
- Let fry for a few minutes and your paratha is ready.
Samwat Rice is another grain that the Hindus eat during the Navratri. Samwat rice is an easy Navratri recipe which will be ready in a few minutes.
- 1 1/4 cup Samwat Rice
- 1 Medium sized Potato (boiled and diced)
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp. Ghee
- Rock salt to taste
- 2 Green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. ginger (finely chopped)
- Wash the rice and soak in three cups of water for about ten minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the rice, salt, black pepper, ginger, chilies and potatoes. Stir for a short while.
- Close the pressure cooker’s lid and place the weight on it.
- Turn off the heat after two whistles from the cooker. Open after twenty minutes and serve hot.
According to the Hindus, the Navratri meal comprises of hot natured food items like kuttu. To balance out the heat from these foods we will make an easy Navratri recipe with yoghurt. Yoghurt is considered cold natured.
- 1 Cup Yoghurt
- ½ Cup Parsley Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 Cucumber grated
- 1 Potato (boiled, peeled and cubed)
- Rock Salt to taste
- Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl to make it consistent.
- Add cucumber, parsley and potato and mix well.
- Add Salt and Pepper and mix well. Your yoghurt coolant is ready.
No Festive meal is complete without a sweet dish. For an easy Navratri recipe we will cook a milk and rice pudding.
- 1 quart full-cream milk
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 1 1/2 oz. of Samwat rice
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 4 Cardamom
- 10 to 12 Almonds, finely chopped
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, on low flame and add the almond. Saute lightly and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat milk on a low flame and add rice. Bring to a boil.
- Let simmer on low heat. Keep stirring until the rice is cooked and the milk has thickened.
- Add sugar and stir well. Add cardamom and let simmer for about fifteen minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and serve hot or cold.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …