5 Easy Passover Dinner Recipes
Passover falls in April every year and these 5 easy Passover dinner recipes can be served during the celebration. Passover commemorates the freedom of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt and helps us relive the experience of our ancestors when they gained true freedom.
Striped Bass with Lemons, White Wine and Capers for Passover Dinner
- 1 lemon
- 3 lbs. striped or sea bass
- 3 sliced cloves garlic
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Tarragon leaves for garnish
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut lemon in two halves and cut one half into four slices.
- Rinse fish inside and out and make three diagonal slashes on each side.
- Cut two sheets of foil and place one sheet into 15-1/2” x 10-1/2” pan letting ends go over sides of pan.
- Place fish in center of pan and put lemon and garlic slices in cavity. Squeeze rest of the lemon over fish.
- In a bowl whisk wine, olive oil, capers, Dijon, tarragon, and ¼ tsp. pepper. Drizzle half into cavity and remaining over fish and rub into skin and slashes.
- Place sheet of foil over fish and crimp to seal.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cooked, cut opening in packet so steam can escape. Pull back foil and put on platter. Put cooking juices over fish and garnish with fresh tarragon.
Baked Cornish Game Hens for Passover Dinner
- 2 Cornish game hens
- ½ c. melted butter
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ stalk celery chopped
- ¼ green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small can mushrooms chopped
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ c. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine in bowl ½ c. melted butter, onion, celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Season hens inside and outside with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each bird with ½ mixture of butter and vegetables.
- Place in 9” x 13” baking dish breast side up and drizzle with butter.
- Cover and bake for one-and-a-half hours, then remove cover and brown at 500F.
Easy Roast Leg of Lamb for Passover Dinner
- 4 lb. leg of lamb, deboned and tied
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 slivered cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rub salt and pepper all over lamb.
- Use knife to make punctures in lamb about one-inch apart and place sliver of garlic into each puncture.
- Place lamb in roasting pan and rub rosemary on all sides.
- Pour tomato sauce over lamb.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375F. Lower temperature to 325F until meat is at 160 degrees (approximately fifteen minutes). For well done mea,t it should be 170 degrees.
Roasted Lemon Herb Chicken for Passover Dinner
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. seasoning salt
- ½ tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 lb. whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and pepper and set aside.
- Rinse chicken thoroughly, remove giblets. Place in 9” x 13” baking dish and sprinkle 1-1/2 tsp. of spice mixture inside chicken and rub remaining mix on outside of chicken.
- Squeeze juice of two lemons into bowl and mix with olive oil. Drizzle over chicken.
- Bake for one-and-a-half hours, basting often with oil mix.
Spicy Rapid Roast Chicken for Passover Dinner
- 3 lb. chicken
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse chicken, remove fat, and pat dry.
- Put chicken in small baking pan and rub with olive oil.
- Mix salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper and sprinkle over chicken.
- Roast chicken for twenty minutes. Lower oven to 400F and roast 40 more minutes.
- Let cool fifteen minutes and serve.