5 Easy Polish Christmas Recipes
These 5 easy Polish Christmas recipes incorporate traditional Polish holiday cuisine. Christmas traditions are the most revered in Poland. Polish Christmas recipes bring a culinary seasonal feast and celebration. 5 easy Polish recipes makes it possible to include European recipes that are simple as well as delicious.
- 3 pounds of Kielbasa
- 1 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Horseradish
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Water
- Mix brown sugar, horseradish, ketchup,oil water. .
- Stir in liquid with Kielbasa in a crockpot .
- Bring to a boil..
- Slow cook for one hour.
- Pickled Herring
- Dill Pickles
- Pickled mushrooms
- Pickled onions
- Cut herring into pieces.
- Strain and reserve the juice from the herring jar.
- Layer pickle onion and mushroom on top of herring filet.
- Roll up the filet and secure with a toothpick.
- Serve the herring juices and pickled juices in a dish for dipping.
- Slice carrots into curls.
- Garnish Rollmops with carrot curls,parsley and serve with dipping sauce.
Polish Christmas Dried Fruit Compote
- 2 pounds combined of dried fruit
- dried apricot, apples, cherries, pears, plums, figs
- 10 cups of water
- Whole cloves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Tablespoons of grated Lemon rind
- 2 Tablespoons of grated Orange rind
- 1 1/2 Cup of sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot or saucepan.
- Simmer until a full boil.
- Stir frequently so fruit does not burn.
- Simmer slowly until fruit has thickened. a
Salmon Avocado and Asparagus Appetizer
- Smoked Salmon
- Canned Asparagus spears
- white onion
- yellow pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 Lemon juice
- Wrap salmon around each spear of asparagus.
- Cut onions,pepper, cucumber and avocado into slices.
- Arrange salmon on one side and onions, cucumber,pepper and avocado on the other.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the vegetables.
Christmas Almond Soup
- Ground Almonds
- 6 Cups Milk
- Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 1/2 Cup Currants
- Bring milk to a low boil.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Cook until rice and currants are plumped.
- Serve in bowls topped with a sprinkle of nutmeg