Need five easy Polish Easter recipes? Easter in Poland has a deeply routed culinary tradition of showcasing scrumptious meals. After forty days of Lent, Christian Poles are more than ready to partake in customary, home-grown Polish meals to celebrate their history, faith and family. If you are looking for authentic Polish Easter recipes, read this article for easy, delicious, recipes covering appetizers to dessert.
Eggs in hot horseradish sauce
To make eggs in hot horseradish sauce you will need:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs,halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- dash salt
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir into creamy paste. Blend in sour cream until bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in horseradish, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Add egg halves cut-side down. Cover and simmer .
- Serve warm.
Polish Easter soup
To make Polish Easter soup you will need:
- 5 potatoes, cubed
- 3/4 pound cooked ham, diced
- 3/4 pound cooked kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 4 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat buttermilk in saucepan on low. Cheese or curd will form on top.
- Remove from heat. Cool and pass through a strainer.
- Discard curds. Reserve liquid.
- Bring 4 1/4 cups of water to boil. Cook potatoes until tender.
- Add sausage, ham, liquid and horseradish. Bring to boil.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and water. Whisk until smooth,
- Add to boiling soup and whisk until thickened.
- Place sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add boiling soup. Mix well.
- Return soup to pan. Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Serve.
Cabbage and dill pickle salad
To make cabbage and dill pickle salad you will need:
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium dill pickles, shredded
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 /2 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Combine cabbage and pickles.
- Add salad oil, pickle juice, sugar, and pepper. Mix .
- Arrange on a salad plate. Add sliced tomatoes.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Serve.
Cabbage rolls and baked kielbasa
To make cabbage rolls you will need:
- 1 large head cabbage
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork or veal
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 8 ounce can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make baked kielbasa you will need:
- 2 to 3 pounds kielbasa
- 12 ounces beer
- Dash of caraway seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove cabbage core. Boil cabbage. Carefully remove cabbage leaves as they become soft.
- Saute onions.
- Add meat, rice, eggs, onions, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix .
- Take soft cabbage leaves, and place two tablespoons of meat mixture into leaves and roll.
- Place cabbage rolls in a large pot. Pour on sauce, tomatoes, cover, simmer for two hours.
- Cut and arrange kielbasa. Place in large uncovered baking dish forming a single layer.
- Pour beer and water over kielbasa to cover.
- Bake until half of water is gone. Turn.
- Place onion and caraway seed on top.
- Cook until kielbasa sizzles and water is evaporated.
To make Easter babka you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
To make the frosting you will need:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour baking pan.
- Dissolve yeast into cream. Stir gently.
- Pour yeast/cream mixture, and half of sugar into a large bowl. Add flour and mix well.
- Place bowl in a warm place for yeast to rise.
- Add everything but raisins. Knead dough until smooth.
- Gradually add raisins. Knead until all are included.
- Place dough in baking pan, cover with a cloth. Keep in a warm dry area until size doubles.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool.
- Mix frosting ingredients in a small bowl until creamy. Pour over babka.
- Thicker frosting requires additional powdered sugar. Thinner frosting needs more milk or cream.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.