These 5 easy Purim recipes will help you provide your holiday guests a delicious holiday feast. The simplicity of these holiday recipes will make it easy for you to fill your table and welcome holiday guests.
To make Purim broccoli and olive salad, you will need:
- 1 large head of broccoli, fresh
- 1/2 black olives, diced
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 9 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
- Purim broccoli and olive salad. Cut broccoli into florets and place in mixing bowl.
- Add olives, radishes, tomatoes and peanuts. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in separate mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Pour over salad, and mix.
- Serve the Jewish recipe individually.
To make holiday mushroom rice, you will need:
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 lb. mushrooms, diced
- parsley for garnish, if desired
- Holiday mushroom rice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Transfer to glass baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Serve the Purim dish while still warm.
To make holiday smoked white fish, you will need:
- 1-2 lb. whole white fish
- 4 cups kosher salt
- Holiday smoked white fish. Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Add salt to skillet. Heat skillet on high until salt begins to smoke.
- Reduce heat to medium, place fish on top of salt. Cover skillet.
- Let cook for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Sprinkle serving dish lightly with salt.
- Remove fish from skillet and place on serving dish.
- Serve the Purim recipe by allowing guest to remove their desired portion of fish.
To make Purim chicken soup, you will need:
- 5 lbs. chicken legs
- 10 cups water
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Purim chicken soup. Place chicken legs, onion, carrots and celery in large pot with water.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Using tongs, remove chicken from pot. Peel meat from bones.
- Replace chicken mean in pot.
- Add fresh dill to pot and replace pot on stove.
- Heat to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for another ten minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve the holiday recipe in individual portions sprinkled with dill, if desired.
To make Purim holiday poppy seed cake, you will need:
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- Purim holiday poppy seed cake. Preheat oven to 350.
- Place poppy seeds and milk in pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat so that milk and seeds simmer for five minutes.
- Remove milk mixture from heat and let soak.
- Stir remaining ingredients into milk mixture.
- Add ingredients to pie shell.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top begins to brown slightly.
- Serve individual slices of the holiday recipe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.