5 Easy Recipes For Winter
Too cold to use the grill means cooking inside after work by using some easy of these 5 recipes for winter. Easy recipes can be made in the crock pot or in the frying pan using just a few ingredients. Winter recipes should be warm and filling. If cooking is not one of your favorite pastimes, try these easy recipes for winter.
1. Frying Pan Steak.
- sirloin steak - "choice grade"
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat cast iron skillet-you can use a non-stick pan but cast iron gives the best results.
- Coat skillet with olive oil.
- fry steak in hot skillet four to eight minutes depending on thickness(1/2 to 1 inch) on each side.
- Plate and enjoy with your favorite red wine and fresh vegetables.
2. Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil
- 1 box spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to directions. Drain and keep 4 cups of the pasta water to use in sauce.
- Saute garlic in olive oil for one minute in pan.
- Add the saved 4 cups pasta water. Do this slowly to avoid hot water splashing up.
- stir in garlic powder and cook for three minutes on medium heat.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese and serve. This goes well as a main dish or a side dish with chicken or veal. Serve with salad and bread for a complete meal.
3. Crock pot Chicken Soup with Rice
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 48 oz. container of chicken broth
- 1 stalk celery-chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (not instant)
- Place ingredients in crock pot.
- Turn temperature to low
- Cook seven to nine hours in the crock pot on low while you are out and come home to a great smelling house and a nice warm meal. Serve with warm Italian bread.
4. Swiss Steak and Potatoes
- 1 top round steak - ask butcher to run through tenderizer
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pack dried onion soup mix
- 3 peeled potatoes
- Cut meat into small steaks.
- dredge steaks in flour.
- brown in medium hot pan with olive oil.
- Add one envelope dried onion soup mix and two cups water.
- Cover and let simmer for one hour.
- Add washed and peeled potatoes that have been cut into quarters.
- Simmer for another hour and serve. Makes an easy one pan meal. Delicious served with red wine and warm rolls.
5. Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- 10 medium white potatoes (use less if desired)
- Wash and dry potatoes. Medium sized potatoes work best.
- Stab with fork and wrap in foil.
- Place in a 6 quart crock pot on low for ten hours. This leaves the oven available for cooking other dishes and the potatoes are ready with no fuss. They are great!
These easy winter recipes are easy to make and delicious. Serve with your favorite wine and a hot loaf of bread for company. Use the potatoes as a marvelous side dish for the steaks.