5 Easy Side Dish Recipes For Valentines Day
For those who like celebrating the lover's holiday enjoy these 5 Easy Side Dish Recipes For Valentines Day. Regardless of whether you are cooking for your someone special or a casual date, these simple dishes are sure be a hit. For a different experience, you could cook dinner together.
Brussels Sprouts and Grapes
- 1 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 C. Beer
- 2 t. Melted butter
- ¼ t. Salt
- 1/8 t. Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 C. seedless white grapes
- Snipped parsley
- Simmer Brussels sprouts in beer in covered saucepan until tender (about 12 Minutes)
- Drizzle butter over sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add grapes; heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- ½ lb. Mushrooms
- ¼ C. Butter
- 1 t. Minced parsley
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms to skillet.
- Cook slowly, occasionally moving and turning gently with a spoon until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley.
- Place in warm dish and serve immediately.
Chunky Potato Soup
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 C. water
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. Flour
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper
- 3 C. Milk
- ½ t. Sugar
- C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 C. Cooked cubed ham
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan.
- Add potatoes and boil until tender.
- Drain potatoes reserving the water.
- Set potatoes and water aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté until translucent, but not brown.
- Add flour, pepper flakes, and black pepper to taste.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Gradually add potatoes
- Add 1 C. reserved water, milk, and sugar to onion mixture.
- Stir well. Add ham.
- Simmer over low heat 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot.
Green Bean Casserole
- ¼ - ½ t Pepper
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Can of cream of celery soup
- 2 Cans of green beans
- 1 Can of French fried onion
- Pre- heat oven to 350 F and spray skillet with a nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onions and garlic are tender.
- Add Green beans and half of the French fried to the onion mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven 20 – 30 min. Serve hot.
Shrimp Salad Italiano
- 1 package (14 oz) frozen precooked salad tortellini
- ¾ to 1 pound cooked and deveined medium shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- ½ c ripe sliced olives
- ¼ c chopped red onion
- 1/3 c Italian dressing
- Thaw tortellini as directed on package.
- Toss tortellini and remaining ingredients until coated with dressing.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving time.