5 Easy Stuffing Recipes For Thanksgiving
Looking for stuffing variations from the normal can be a daunting task; these 5 easy stuffing recipes for Thanksgiving will give you just what you need. These Thanksgiving easy stuffing recipes will give you variety without demanding that you carry any culinary expertise.
1. Boxed Stuffing
- Box of stuffing
- 1 cup of water
- 1-2 tbls. Butter
- Bring water to boil in a small sauce pan.
- Add butter to boiling water.
- Add contents of box stuffing to boiling water.
- Reduce the heat on stove.
- Fluff stuffing with a fork to ensure all dried bread as properly been wet.
3. Basic Bread and Mushroom Stuffing
- Loaf of bread
- 1 8-ounce container of mushrooms or 2 4-ounce containers of canned mushrooms
- Seasoning of choice
- Set bread out to harden, once harden tear into medium sized pieces.
- Add mushrooms to bread mix.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix other season's of choice to flavor to your stuffing to your taste.
3. Basic Traditional Stuffing
- 1 load of bread
- 1 c. onions
- 1 c. celery
- 2 tbl. butter
- 1 c. chicken broth
- Set the bread out to harden, once harden tear into pieces.
- Saute onions and celery in butter until soft.
- Place bread and onions, celery into bowel and season with salt, sage , thyme and parsley.
- Mix the mixture together in a bowel.
- Stuff the mixture into the turkey and bake.
4. Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 peeled and finely diced apples
- 1 large onion
- Seasonings: parsley, safe, basil or rosemary
- 6 tbls of bread crumbs
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Combine sausage, apples, and seasonings (to taste) into a bowel and mix.
- Add onions to bowl and mix.
- After mixture has been mixed well, stuff mixture into turkey.
5. Alternative to Sausage Stuffing
- 1 lbs Pork Sausage
- 1 Large egg
- 2 large chopped potatoes
- 1 large onion
- ½ c. shredded cheese
- Saute onion until soft.
- Combine potatoes, sausage, egg, and cheese and blend well.
- Add onion to the above mixture.
- Once properly mixed, stuff the stuffing into the turkey and bake.