5 Easy Summer Barbeque Recipes
Learn about 5 easy summer barbeque recipes and host great summer parties. Summer is a great time to host cook outs with family and friends. With a few easy summer barbeque recipes at the ready, you can cook like a pro. Your guests will be impressed and since you're fixing easy recipes, you can enjoy the time together with them instead of slaving over a hot grill the entire day.
1. Grilled Hamburgers
- Hamburger patties
- Hamburger buns
- Salt, optional
- Black pepper
- Seasoning of choice, such as seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning
- Sprinkle the hamburger patties on both sides with black pepper and your choice of seasoning of choice. If you use a seasoning mix that contains salt, don't add additional salt.
- Place the patties on a hot grill. Cook about 5 to 8 minutes per side. For more rare hamburgers, cook for less time. For well-done burgers, cook an additional minute or two.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
2. Roasted Potatoes
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 layers of aluminum foil, about 18 inches long
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice the onion into thin slices.
- Layer two sheets of aluminum foil and place the potatoes and onion slices on the foil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the potatoes and onion and drizzle with the oil. Fold the foil up and fold the edges to create a pouch.
- Cook on indirect heat on the grill for 30 to 40 minutes. If the grill has two racks, cook the roasted potatoes on the higher rack.
3. Baked Beans
- 2 large cans of pork and beans
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- Add the pork and beans to a heavy saucepan that can be placed on the upper shelf of the grill. Wrap the handle if it is plastic in two layers of foil to protect it.
- Stir in the brown sugar, catsup, and finely chopped onion.
- Cook over medium to low heat in a heavy pot on a spot on the grill that is in indirect heat for 1 hour or more.
4. Roasted Vegetables
- 2 cups of vegetables of choice, such as raw broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, baby carrots
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the vegetables by washing under cool water. Let the vegetables drain to dry. Pat the vegetables dry.
- Cut the vegetables into small evenly sized pieces.
- Arrange the vegetables in two layers of heavy duty foil and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil and fold the ends closed.
- Place on indirect heat on the upper shelf of the grill for 20 to 30 minutes till tender.
- 8 graham cracker squares
- 4 large marshmallows
- 2 chocolate bars
- Place four graham cracker squares on a large sheet of foil.
- Add one-half chocolate bar and one marshmallow on each graham cracker. Top with a second graham cracker square.
- Fold the foil up to create a tray and place on the grill for 5 minutes. Check to see if the chocolate and marshmallows have begun to melt.