Some of the easy summer cocktails to make are fruity and/or citrus flavored to quench a thirst when the temperature is scorching. Summer cocktails should be light and refreshing; here are five of the most light and refreshing summer cocktails to get your party started.
- Mai Tai A Mai Tai is a fruity, tropical inspired drink that includes two or three different rums (usually a dark and a light variety), orange juice and orange flavored liqueur, lime juice, simple syrup and coconut or almond flavoring. Mai Tai’s are served on the rocks with a splash of grenadine for color.
- Daiquiri One of the most popular summer cocktails, daiquiris are slushy, frosty, fruit inspired drinks that can be made in almost any fruit flavor imaginable. Daiquiri recipes always include a blender, ice, rum, sugar, citrus juice and frozen fruits such as berries, peaches, watermelon, and citrus fruits.
- Margaritas Margaritas are also easy summer cocktails that are a frozen favorite when the weather heats up. Margaritas are traditionally made with lemons and/or limes, but can be made with other fruits as well. Margaritas can be served either on the rocks or frozen. Tequila, citrus liqueur, lime juice and sugar are blended together are served over ice or poured in a blender with ice and made into a slushy concoction. Salt rimmed glasses are a must when serving this ice-y concoction.
- Pina Colada For a taste of the tropics, nothing beats a Pina Colada. A frozen beverage full of tropical flavors such as rum, pineapple and coconut milk. Blend together with ice and pour into a glass garnished with a pineapple wedge and a sprig of mint for island inspired indulgence.
- Bellini A lighter drink than many summer cocktails, the Bellini is a peach-flavored drink that is bubbly and refreshing thanks to the addition of sparkling wine or champagne. Simple to make, these summer cocktails are nothing more than peach nectar and peach liqueur poured into a champagne or wine glass and topped with chilled sparkling wine or champagne. The drink may be garnished with a few small berries or peach cubes floated on top.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.