Crockpots are not just for winter use, and these 5 easy summer crockpot recipes prove it. Cooking with crockpots is ideal for those days when you want a good meal, but it’s just too hot to work in the kitchen. Grab your ingredients, throw them in the crockpot and let it work, while you take it easy.
Lime Cilantro Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup light beer
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Dip the chicken breasts in olive oil and place them into the crockpot.
- Stir all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on high for three to four hours.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1 ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¾ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Peel and devein shrimp. Set them aside.
- Combine all other ingredients together in crock pot and cook for three to four hours on high.
- Add the shrimp to the crock pot in the last hour of cooking. Serve over rice.
Brown Sugar Ribs
- 3 lbs. pork spareribs, cut in sections
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Combine flour and brown sugar in a saucepan and then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Boil over medium heat until the sauce is thickened. Remember to keep it stirred.
- Layer the ribs in the crock pot, then add a layer of sauce. Repeat this step for each layer of ribs.
- Cook the ribs on high for five to six hours or until they are tender.
- 2 ½ lbs. small red potatoes
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Cut the potatoes up into small pieces and add them to the crock pot.
- Mix the sour cream, salad dressing mix and soup together in a small bowl, and then add them to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for about seven hours. Serve the potatoes with your favorite grilled meat for a nice summer dinner.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 3 lbs. chicken, skinned and cut up
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves; crushed
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 shakes hot sauce, optional
- Combine all ingredients in the crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on low and let the chicken cook for eight hours. Serve the chicken over rice or pasta for an easy, tangy summer meal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …