5 Easy Summer Food Recipes
Summer is the perfect time to dine in your backyard and to try these 5 easy summer food recipes. In the morning, the sun provides an enjoyable atmosphere to try refreshing foods. At night, these 5 easy summer food recipes, plus a group of friends or a good book and some candles here and there, will definitely inspire you to add new flavors into your summer experience.
Stuffed Avocados With Tuna Fish
- 2 avocados, ripe and halved
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 1 (oz ) tuna fish
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed ice
- Mix the olives, bell pepper, tomato, celery and onion in a container. Toss well.
- Add the tuna fish, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle a dash of olive oil, and mix.
- Sprinkle the halves of avocado with the fresh lime, to prevent it from darkening.
- Fill the halves of avocado with the tuna fish mixture.
- Serve the avocados over a bed of crushed ice.
Cold Papaya Soup
- 1 medium, ripe papaya
- Fresh lime juice
- Puree the papaya in a blender, until smooth.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Pour in the lime juice.
The consistency of this soup is very thick.
Mango Creme Bisque
- 3 large, ripe mangoes, cubed
- The juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Chill, and garnish with a swirl of heavy cream over the soup's surface.
Orange Marinated Onions
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tbs white wine
- 2 tbs fresh, squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve as a side dish, or drain and use it for sandwiches.
- 2 (10 oz) frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tbs water
- Combine the raspberries, wine, water and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in two tbs water.
- Stir the cornstarch into the raspberries mixture, until thick.
- Serve chilled.