5 Easy Summer Party Recipes
Make an elegant meal with these 5 easy summer party recipes. The recipes make enough for a summer party of 6 persons. These summer recipes are fresh, easy, and made to impress.
1. Lemon Limeade
If you want to serve lemon limeade at your summer party, you will need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Zest from one lemon
- Zest from one lime
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 5 cups cold water
- In a saucepan add 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Put in the sugar and keep stirring until it is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the lemon and lime zest. Add the lemon and lime juice. Mix together.
- Put 5 cups cold water into a pitcher. Stir the lemon lime mixture into the water. Add ice.
- Stir together. Serve with a slice of lemon.
2. Summer Tomato Soup
If you want to make summer tomato soup for a summer party, you will need:
- 12 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Plunge the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Peel, core, de-seed and chop them.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion and cook over low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. They are ready when the tomatoes are broken down and starting to liquefy. Stir in the basil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Transfer the tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Reheat gently if needed.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with olive oil. Serve as a first course at a summer party.
3. Skewered Shrimp and Sole
If you want to make this elegant summer party dish, skewered shrimp and sole, you will need:
- 6 fillets of sole
- 18 medium-sized raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 24 asparagus tips, blanched
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 medium cucumbers
- Fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Thread a skewer through the fish fillets lengthwise. Alternate with the shrimp.
- Put each skewer onto a square of foil. Place the asparagus tips next to the skewer.
- Cut the lime slices in half and tuck them underneath the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the cucumbers. Use a melon baller to make cucumber balls. Sprinkle these over the fish.
- Chop the dill and sprinkle it over the top. Dot with butter.
- Seal up the foil packets. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Place the packet on individual plates. Guests open them at the table.
4. Parsleyed Rice
If you want to make parsleyed rice for a summer meal, you will need:
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 stick butter, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Italian parsley
- Bring the stock to a boil. Stir the rice into the pan with the salt. Turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Once the rice is cooked take off the lid. Add the butter and parsley on top without stirring it in.
- Cover and let stand for five minutes. Uncover and mix in the parsley and butter.
5. Melon Cups
If you want to make melon cups for dessert, you will need:
- 3 small cantaloupes
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cut the melons in half. Scrape out the seeds in the center.
- Put a scoop of ice cream in each half. Serve right away for an impressive finish to your summer meal.