These 5 easy summer sausage recipes will spice up your summer meals. There are many different kinds of sausage with limitless ways of preparing it. Keep in mind that you should always make sure to cook sausage all the way through if it is not already cooked.
Summer Sausage Skillet
- 4 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 4 Italian style sausages cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- In saucepan cover potatoes and sausage with water. Simmer covered for twenty minutes until sausage is cooked.
- Drain off water and add vegetables.
- Simmer ten minutes stirring occasionally.
Summer Polish Sausage Skillet
- 1 lb smoked polish sausage, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup sliced celery
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 tsp both salt and pepper
- 2 envelopes tomato soup mix
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- Combine sausage, onion, and celery in large skillet. Cook over low heat until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add mushrooms, water, salt, pepper, soup mix, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat until bubbling.
- Add rice and stir. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand ten to fifteen minutes.
Summer Smoked Sausage Stir Fry
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 5 carrots, cut in strips
- 4 celery stalks, cut in strips
- 2 onions, cut in wedges
- 1 stalk broccoli, cut into strips and flowerets
- 1/3 of a cauliflower cut into flowerets
- 5 pkg ramen noodles
- soy sauce to taste
- 1 red pepper diced
- Cut sausage into four long pieces, then slice into smaller pie shaped pieces.
- Saute in large pan.
- Add vegetables and saute. Cover and steam until tender crisp.
- Cook Ramen noodles according to directions.
- Pour noodles in with meat and vegetables.
- Serve with soy sauce.
Sausage and Apples for Summer
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 8 appes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 bacon slices
- In skillet saute sausage, garlic, and onion.
- Core apples and stuff mixture into the hold.
- Place in baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar and top with bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Summer Sausage Dumplings
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- Form sausage into twelve balls. Brown in skillet.
- Cut pie dough into round pieces slightly larger than sausage balls. Wrap dough around sausage balls.
- Bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes.
- Saute onion in sausage grease until brown.
- Add flour and water to make a gravy.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove dumplings from oven and pour gravy on top.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.