5 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers Recipes
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate all we are thankful for with family and friends. If you are in charge of dinner or are taking appetizers to a party we guarantee that your friends will be thankful for you if you bring one of these 5 easy Thanksgiving appetizers recipes.
1. Parmesan Breadsticks
- 17.3 ounces of thawed puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet, lightly.
- Unfold the pastry sheets, on a floured surface, and cut the sheets into strips that are about ¾ by 10 inches each.
- In a shallow bowl, mix cheese, garlic, and basil.
- Using a pastry brush lightly brush the strips with the melted butter and dredge in the cheese mixture.
- Twist the strips and place them on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 12 minutes and allow to cool before enjoying this easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipe.
2. White Bean and Feta Cheese Dip
- 15 ounces of rinsed white beans
- ¾ cup of nonfat plain yogurt
- ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- ¼ cup of chopped dill
- ¼ cup of chopped mint
- ¼ cup of chopped chives
- Place the beans, cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic into a food process and puree until the mixture has no lumps and is smooth.
- Add the chopped herbs and puree until completed mixed together.
This easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipe should be chilled before serving.
3. Candied Pecans
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 pound of halved pecans
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Set oven at 250 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Whip the egg white and water until foamy.
- In another bowl mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the pecans to the egg white mixture and stir gently until the pecans are evenly coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the sugar mixture and stir until coated.
- Spread the pecans in one layer onto the greased baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Although this Thanksgiving appetizer recipe requires extra attention it is definitely worth it.
4. Artichoke Dip
- 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounces of canned artichoke hearts that have been drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of thinly diced green onions
- 1 tablespoon of diced pimentos
- Set the oven at 325 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.
- Mix the cheese, whipping cream, and mayonnaise together.
- Add the green onions, artichokes, and pimentos.
- Mix well and pour mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees or until a light brown color.
Serve this easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipe hot.
5. Hot Bacon and Cheese Spread
- 1 pound of unsliced Italian bread
- 2 cups of Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of onion, chopped
- 5 strips of cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Remove the top quarter off of the loaf of bread and carefully hollow out a bowl that has 1 inch sides.
- Cube up the bread that was removed, not the top, for later use.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture into the bread bowl.
- Place the top back onto the bread bowl and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees or until thoroughly heated and then serve with the bread cubes for a wonderful, easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipe.
These 5 easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipes should bring a smile to the faces of your family and friends and will serve to remind them why they are thankful that you are in their lives.