5 Easy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
Making thanksgiving dinner does not have to be a hassle, so here are 5 easy thanksgiving dinner recipes. They are quick and easy recipes that make your thanksgiving more enjoyable and stress free.
Thanksgiving is just not thanksgiving without a turkey. Within three hours you will be enjoying this mouthwatering dish.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 8-to-10 lb. turkey
- 1 turkey-sized oven bag
- 2 stalks celery, cut into pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cup rosemary chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- 1 apple, sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place oven bag in a roasting pan. Spray the inside of the bag with cooking spray.
- Put vegetables in the bag.
- Remove the neck and giblets from turkey. Wash turkey thoroughly.
- Combine garlic and rosemary.
- Loosen the skin of the turkey, by putting your fingers between the neck and push the skin slowly up. Then place the garlic and rosemary mixture between the skin and meat.
- Rub salad oil onto the skin and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the apple slices inside the turkey cavity.
- Place the turkey in the prepared oven bag, which is sitting in the roasting pan. Close the oven bag with the enclosed nylon ties.
- Cut six half-inch slits in the top of the turkey bag to vent. Roast turkey two to three hours or until thermometer measures 165 degrees F.
- Remove turkey from oven, and let the turkey rest 30 minutes before serving your main thanksgiving dish.
Potato Salad Is a quick and easy thanksgiving recipe.
All you need is:
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- ½ chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- First you should peel the potatoes and put them in a pot with the three eggs.
- Cover the potatoes and eggs with water and bring to a boil. Let them boil for fifteen minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place the potatoes in a large bowl, use a large spoon to mash them.
- Cut the eggs into small pieces and add to the potatoes.
- You should then add the mayonnaise, onions, salt and pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients together and you are done.
- If you like your potato salad chilled place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Candied Yams Is a thanksgiving dish that is sweet and delicious. You will need only a few ingredients to complete this thanksgiving recipe.
- 2 cans of sweet potatoes (16 ounce)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar and
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) package of miniature marshmallows (optional)
- Heat sweet potatoes and water into a medium saucepan.
- After five minutes add the sugar and nutmeg.
- Add marshmallows, optional.
- Heat for an additional ten minutes, remove from saucepan and serve.
Cornbread Is a quick and easy to make during thanksgiving.
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an eight-inch square pan.
- Melt butter and mix with sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and baking soda.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt.
- Combine all ingredients and pour in pan. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
Pumpkin Pie is a must have during thanksgiving. This recipe is easy and does not require a lot of ingredients.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 12 oz. skim milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Mix graham cracker crumbs and chopped pecans.
Press into bottom and up the sides of thawed pie crust, forming a thin layer on top of the pie crust.
Mix eggs and remaining ingredients inside a bowl. Pour into prepared crust.
Reduce heat to 350 degree F. after 10 minutes. Bake 40 minutes.
- Let sit for ten minutes and enjoy your thanksgiving dessert.