5 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes For Kids
Learn these 5 easy Thanksgiving recipes for kids so the youngsters can join in on the holiday festivities. Kids love to help out. Let them help prepare the Thanksgiving meal to keep them little darlings from getting into trouble and to actually help out. When children help prepare food, they are more apt to want to eat it. Be sure to stay close when kids use knives or any sharp cooking implements; you may want to even do the cutting for the kids to ensure a safe day.
1. Celery Boats
- Several stalks of celery
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Prepare the celery. Show the kids how to remove the strings from the celery and wash it. Cut the celery into 3-inch long pieces.
- Spread filling in the celery. Let kids use a plastic knife or spoon to spread cream cheese and peanut butter into the groove in the celery pieces.
- Place on a serving dish. This Thanksgiving recipe is as much fun to eat as it is to fix.
2. Cinnamon Swirls
- 1 round pie crust, premade refrigerated from the dairy case
- About 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Unwrap the pie crust from the package. Let kids use a plastic knife to spread the butter on the pie crust round. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the seasoned pie crust into 4-inch strips. Roll each strip and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for ten to twelve minutes in a 350-degree oven until golden brown. Remove carefully and arrange on a platter. This alternative dessert is a fun recipe for kids to fix and eat.
3. Cheese Pickle Stack
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese
- 12 hamburger slice pickles
- 12 toothpicks
- Cut the cheese into cubes. Make 12 cubes in the shape of rectangles or squares.
- Stack the pickles on top. Set a pickle slice on top of each cube of cheese.
- Stick a toothpick in to hold them in place. Arrange these Thanksgiving appetizers on a small saucer and let the kids serve these appetizers.
4. Turkey Cookies
- Refrigerated cookie dough, 1 roll
- Pretzel sticks
- Cut the cookie dough. Arrange the rounds of cookie dough on a cookie sheet.
- Stick in the turkey feathers. Add three pretzel sticks into the top of each cookie so they look like turkey feathers.
- Bake according to the package directions. Remove from the pan and arrange on a serving platter. This fun Thanksgiving recipe is a big hit with kids.
5. Salami and Cheese Crackers
- 20 slices of small diameter salami
- 20 cheese slices
- 20 round crackers
- Start with a cracker. Set a slice of salami on top. Then to with a slice of cheese.
- Arrange the salami cheese crackers on a platter. Adults and kids alike love these salty treats.