Be prepared for the holidays with these 5 easy Valentine candy recipes. You can't go wrong if you make your girl a homemade sweet, give your mama a special surprise, or help your daughter with her class treats this Valentine's day. All the ingredients for the recipes below can be found in your neighborhood grocery store, or arts and crafts store with a candy making section. Inexpensive and quick, these easy candy recipes will have everyone thinking how very sweet you are.
Conversation Heart Fudge lets the little heart-shaped candies do the talking.
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Conversation hearts
- Put 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with a 1/2 cup of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Microwave at twenty second intervals until melted.
- Pour into a pan and set aside.
- Mix 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips with the other 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk and melt in the microwave at 20 second intervals. Be sure to stir thoroughly, white chocolate scorches quickly.
- Pour the white chocolate fudge layer on top of the milk chocolate layer and let set until firm.
- Cut into one inch squares. Top each square with a conversation heart and then wrap individually in colored cellophane. Alternately you can put each piece in a mini-muffin cup.
Mega Kisses make a mega impact.
- 1 lb chocolate
- cooking spray
- tin foil
- coffee mug
- Melt a pound of good chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. Choose a high quality chocolate since it will be a solid chunk and you probably want to make a good impression on the recipient of the mega kiss.
- Cover the tip of a plastic funnel with tin foil and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill a coffee mug with a fistful of foil and then set the funnel inside the mug so that it stands upright. Pour melted chocolate inside the funnel and put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is set, pop it out of the funnel and wrap a strip of white paper with your Valentine’s note. Leave a piece of the paper hanging out when you wrap it with tin foil.
Krispie Kisses can be made with much the same method.
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 4 cups marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- I bag chocolate chips
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispie cereal.
- Press the rice cereal mix into a funnel sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double-boiler or microwave.
- Once set, pop out the Krispie Kiss. Cover with a layer of melted chocolate.
Valentine Suckers are easy to customize with molds and flavoring from a craft shop. Look for heart-shaped molds, kisses, shoes, butterflies or anything else your Valentine would enjoy.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- food coloring
- lollipop molds
- Grease the inside of the mold with butter and then place on a flat cookie sheet.
- Combine 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup corn syrup, 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook until the candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and let cool to 275 degrees F then add ½ tsp flavoring and food coloring. Stir gently and then pour into molds.
- Let cool and then remove the mold from the sucker.
“Go Get ‘em Tiger Treats” are an impressive candy made with some common ingredients.
- 4 chopped Milky Way candy bars
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 cups Frosted Flakes
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place four chopped up Milky Way candy bars, ½ stick of butter, three cups of Frosted Flakes and ¼ cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for two minutes, or until chocolate is melted.
- Stir and then drop by rounded teaspoons into mini Valentine patterned cupcake wrappers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.