5 Easy Valentine's Dinner Recipes
Here are 5 easy Valentine’s dinner recipes to make and enjoy. Valentine’s Day is a day of love and it only comes once a year. Valentine’s dinner should be very special, delicious and memorable.
1. Pot Roast and Vegetables
To make the pot roast and vegetables you will need:
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, scraped and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Place the chuck roast in the oil and brown on both sides. Add in the potatoes, carrots and garlic. Place the sliced onions on top of the roast. Add enough water to the roast to barely cover the roast.
- Cover the pot roast and place in the oven and bake for two and a half hours or until tender and done. This very easy Valentine’s dinner recipe will be the beginning of a night of love.
2. Fresh Berry Salad
In order to make fresh berry salad you will need
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- Assorted berries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small handful of shelled pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Make the dressing first. Place the orange juice and Dijon mustard in a bowl and whisk.
- Add in the oil slowly and whisk again until the dressing emulsifies. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Take two salad plates and place torn lettuce leaves on each. Drizzle some of the dressing on the lettuce along with some salt and pepper.
- Place the berries on top of the torn lettuce along with the pomegranate seeds. Top with some pumpkin seeds.
- For a variation to this Valentine’s dinner recipe add in tiny bits of Feta cheese. This is a very light accompaniment to the pot roast recipe above.
3. Biscuits for two
To make biscuits for two you will need:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- Place the flour in a bowl and add in the butter, salt and the baking powder. With your fingers or a fork rub the butter into the flour mixture.
- The end product should look like cornmeal. Slowly start adding in the milk and when you have the right consistency stop.
- Knead the dough for a little bit and then roll out on a floured board. Make the biscuits around 1/2 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter or glass dipped in flour.
- Place the biscuits on a baking tray an bake in a hot 450 degree oven for fifteen to twenty minutes. Serve this very easy Valentine dinner recipe with herbed butter.
4. Herbed Butter for Two
In order to make herbed butter you will need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- Pinch cayenne
- Mix all the above together with your hands. Place on some plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden and mold. Unroll the butter and cut into thin slices and serve with the biscuits.
5. Coconut Cream Pie
In order to make the coconut cream pie you will need:
- 1 graham cracker crust, pre-made
- 1 package instant coconut cream pudding
- Frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Chocolate Syrup
- Make the coconut pudding as directed on the package. Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator to set and cool. Spread the whipped topping on top of the pie.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the whip cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup in streams around this very easy Valentine dessert.