5 Easy Valentine's Recipes
Here are 5 easy Valentine’s recipes whose ingredients and presentation are elegant, romantic and suited for an intimate dinner for two. Show your partner that, among other qualities, you can also cook an exquisite Valentine’s Day menu. These easy Valentine’s recipes are sophisticated.
Avocado, Papaya and Blackberries Valentine's Day Salad
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 firm, small papaya, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 or 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place the avocado, papaya and blackberries in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the fruit and chill.
In the meantime, prepare the dressing.
Velvety Bacon Orange Valentine's Day Dressing
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup soft tofu
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. natural or soy bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp. sugar or other sweetener
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving. Toss well.
Valentine's Day Recipe for Tomatoes Stuffed With Cottage Cheese and Basil
- 2 large, firm tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out their insides very carefully with a small spoon.
- Place the tomato insides in a small bowl and remove the seeds.
- Add the cottage cheese, mayonnaise, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon this cottage cheese mixture into the tomato shells.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with any dressing of your choice.
Easy Valentine's Day Wine and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Cook the cubed potatoes in boiling water or stock until tender (about fifteen minutes) over medium heat. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the garlic and the onion with the butter over medium heat for three minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, fresh basil leaves, olive oil into the potatoes and stock.
- Add the garlic and onion mixture.
- Cover and cook for twenty minutes.
- Pour in the wine and the soy sauce. Stir well.
- Cover again and simmer over low heat for fifteen or twenty minutes.
- Add vegetable stock or water if too thick and serve hot.
Easy Valentine's Day Recipe for Chicken Breasts With Pecans
- 2 whole chicken breasts, flat and boneless
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Brush the chicken breasts with the maple syrup using a kitchen brush, covering thoroughly.
- Combine the chopped pecans, flour and salt on a wide, flat plate.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook them for twelve or fifteen minutes, turning on each side.
- Add olive oil as needed and keep cooking for ten more minutes over low heat until the chicken breasts are golden on both sides.
- Garnish with fresh leaves of parsley and serve.
Easy Valentine's Day White Chocolate Rum Raisin Sauce
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 5 oz. white or chocolate milk candy bar, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tsp. dark rum
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine the whipping cream and raisins in a small saucepan.
- Cook it over medium-low heat. Bring to a soft simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted.
- Add the rum and cinnamon, stirring until creamy.
- Let stand for ten minutes to thicken slightly.
- Sprinkle over your favorite ice cream.