5 Easy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes For Christmas
These 5 easy vegetarian dinner recipes for Christmas are a tasty and a healthier choice. At the same time, they are easy to prepare, easier than most people think. Indulge in the vegetarian cooking style by trying these vegetarian recipes, and enjoy the delights of vegetarianism.
Easy Vegetarian Garlic Stuffed Potatoes Recipe For Christmas
- 4 large potatoes, rinsed
- 4 tsp. butter
- 1 tbs. fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tbs. dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Prick the potatoes with a fork, put a tsp. of butter on top of each potato, and bake them at 400 F for 1 hour, or until potatoes are soft and skin turns slightly brown.
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat, or until lightly golden, and save.
- Cut off the tops of each baked potato, and scoop out the inside of the potato with a small spoon.
- Place what you scooped out of the potatoes in the skillet containing the garlic, mash with a fork, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the potato shells with this mixture, and top with the paprika and the dried parsley.
- Place the potatoes on a tray, and broil them until brown.
Easy Vegetarian Deep-Fried Eggplant Dinner Recipe For Christmas
- 2 large eggplants, cut into ½ inch slices
- olive oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs. water
- 1 tbs. honey
- ½ tbs. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely cut
- 2 tbs. fresh onion, finely chopped
- a dash of pepper
- ½ tsp. regular mustard
- Whisk all the dipping sauce ingredients in a medium bowl until well comb, and save.
- Soak the eggplant slices in salted water for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse the eggplant slices, and dry them with paper towels, squishing well.
- Fry both sides of each eggplant slice in the olive oil, until brown.
- Place the eggplant on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with the dipping sauce, and serve hot.
Easy Tofu Dinner Recipe for Christmas
- 1 lb. firm tofu, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 tbs. all-purpose-flour
- 1 tbs. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1-2 tbs. olive oil
- ¾ cup bread or cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sesame seed
- Combine the bread or cracker crumbs, flour, garlic salt and pepper in a container, stirring until well mixed.
- Add the tofu, tossing gently until the pieces of tofu are coated entirely with the bread mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and cook the tofu over medium heat, turning the pieces often, until golden and crispy.
- Top with sesame seed, and serve hot.
Easy Vegetarian Christmas Tomato Bisque
- 1 (12 oz) firm silken tofu
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato soup
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup sherry
- Blend the tofu and the vegetable broth in a blender, until soft.
- Pour this mixture into a medium saucepan, and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for fifteen minutes, and serve hot.
Easy Vegetarian Salad With Apple and Avocado Dressing Recipe For Christmas
- 1 small lettuce, cut into small parts
- 2 firm tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium cucumber, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- ¾ cup pineapple chunks
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small red onion
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing gently until well mixed.
- Pour in the salad dressing, and serve.