5 Easy Vegetarian Summer Recipes
Meatless meals can give your digestive system a break in hot weather so try these 5 easy vegetarian summer recipes when the temperatures start to soar. There can be many benefits to a vegetarian diet such as lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Whatever your motive is for choosing vegetarian in the summer time, the following recipes will satisfy your craving for delicious, easy meals.
Easy Vegetarian Summer Recipe #1: Calabrese Salad
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic dressing
- Rise and slice. Rinse the tomatoes and dry with a paper towel. Cut the tomatoes, basil and cheese into small pieces.
- Toss. Mix all the ingredients into a salad bowl. Let the mixture sit for half an hour before serving to let the flavors develop.
Easy Vegetarian Summer Recipe #2: Heirloom Tomato and Kale Salad
- Variety of heirloom tomatoes
- Rise and slice. Rinse the tomatoes and kale and dry with a paper towel. Cut the tomatoes and tear the kale into bite sized pieces.
- Mix. Toss the kale and tomatoes in a salad bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
Easy Vegetarian Summer Recipe #3: Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 Package cellentani pasta
- 4 Carrots
- 6 Celery stalks
- 2 Cups cheddar cheese
- Italian dressing
- Cook the pasta. Follow package directions for the pasta, rise and set aside.
- Chop. Dice the carrots, celery and cheddar cheese.
- Mix. Toss everything together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until chilled.
Easy Vegetarian Summer Recipe #4: Grilled Veggies and Rice
- Summer squash
- Large onion
- 2 Red peppers
- Olive oil
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- Start the rice. Follow package directions for the rice.
- Slice the vegetables. Wash and dry the veggies. Remove the seeds from the pepper and the skin from the onion. Slice everything into long strips about half an inch thick.
- Grill. Rub olive oil on the vegetables and place on the grill until tender.
- Serve. Place the grilled vegetables over rice and serve.
Easy Vegetarian Summer Recipe #5: Vegetable Omelet
- 1 Cup mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 Onion, diced
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- Saute. Add the onions and mushrooms to a saute pan and heat until soft. Take the pan off the stove and add the olive oil. Swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the spinach.
- Cook the omelet. Beat the eggs with a fork in a small bowl. Pour into the pan and cook. When the eggs are firm transfer to a plate.