Listed below are five easy ways to cook salmon. Salmon is a delicious fish that is usually best tasting when it is wild, though farm raised salmon is also available at supermarkets. There are several different ways to prepare this tasty fish, all of which use slightly different preparation techniques and the resulting cooked fish is better when served with different complimentary sides. Following are five easy ways to cook salmon.
What you will need to cook salmon:
- Salmon fillets
- Oil, butter, or no stick spray
- Grill it. Salmon is absolutely delicious when cooked on the grill. Add seasonings, such as salt and pepper, and either soy sauce or lemon juice to fillets, place the fillets in foil, and cook them over medium heat on the grill. You do may leave the top of the foil open, but underneath the fillets, it protects the fish from charring.
- Pan sear it. Pan searing salmon is another great way to prepare it. Simply heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add seasonings to the fillets as the skillet is heating. Then, place the fillets in the skillet, and sear them for a couple of minutes on each side. When done, the outsides will be cooked thoroughly, but the inner parts of the fillets will still be tender and juicy.
- Oven bake it. Using any oven pan and a little bit of butter or no stick spray, cook the salmon fillets at 350 degrees for about ten minutes if they are relatively thick. Less time is needed for thinner fillets, and when cooking salmon this way, you may add seasonings to the fillets beforehand.
- Saute the salmon. This is one of the most delicious easy ways to cook salmon. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add a little bit of oil, and then saute the salmon with rice or vegetables and some soy sauce until it is fully cooked. Broccoli and pepper are great with sauteed salmon.
- Stir fry it. Cut the salmon fillets into small, skinless strips, and add them to a skillet with a little bit of oil, and vegetables like snow peas, pepper strips, mushrooms, and onion strips. This is delicious when served with rice and teriyaki sauce.
Listed above are five easy ways to cook salmon. All that you need are utensils, salmon, seasonings, and cookware to make delicious fish meals at home by preparing salmon using any of these cooking techniques.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...