Five easy ways to eat an avocado can be accomplished in five days for each avocado. But don’t stop there. Why? Because avocados are the new apples. An avocado a day helps keeps the doctor away. For many years, popular wisdom dictated omitting avocados from trendy diets because of their high fat content. A medium sized avocado can carry up to 30 grams of fat. But, dieticians and nutrition experts point to a new trend. Avocado with monounsaturated fat, that is, healthy fat that can help reduce cholesterol, is now recommended as part of a healthy diet. Five easy ways to eat an avocado translates into five easy ways to better your health.
- Substitute avocado for butter on your baked potato, crackers or bread. Baked potato with avocado outranks sour cream any day and is healthier. Five easy ways to eat an avocado can be as easy as swapping avocado for butter. A great snack can consist of bread and butter. But spreading a tablespoon of avocado on a roll of crusty French bread is even more delicious. Sprinkle a little olive oil and sea salt on top and you’ll never need pizza again.
- Make three minute guacamole. Scooping out one whole avocado and mashing it with a tablespoon of leftover salsa and salt to taste makes an instant appetizer. Five easy ways to eat an avocado can be truly easy. If you don’t have salsa, cut up one tomato, add a dash of hot sauce and if you’re ambitious, one chopped small onion and it’s a done deal. One note of caution, have the chips or veggies ready to accompany the guacamole immediately, so that it’s not devoured before that step.
- Drink an avocado smoothie. That’s right, an avocado shake. Put a ripe avocado in the blender along with two cups of milk, sugar or honey to taste and ice cubes, and blend till smooth. Five easy ways to eat an avocado never takes longer than a five minute preparation, and the avocado smoothie is no different.
- Slice an avocado to slip in your sandwich. Avocado tastes great on any sandwich,whether its bacon, cheese, turkey or even a burger. An avocado melt, which is simply sliced or spread avocado on top of of any open faced sandwich and slipped in the oven for a few minutes, is very satisfying.
- Eat an avocado in the raw. Cut your avocado in half and discard the pit. Simply scoop it out, eating right from the natural bowl of its skin with a spoon as though it was a scrumptious. Pour a teaspoon of olive oil in its crater, with ground pepper and sea salt. Grab a carrot and dig in the avocado for a bite.
Five easy ways to eat an avocado also means you are richly enjoying the avocado in five different ways, until you think of five more.