5 Easy Ways To Stay Healthy
What are 5 easy ways to stay healthy? Staying healthy doesn't have to be a pain. Instead of crunching on raw, bitter broccoli and spending an hour on a treadmill every morning to stay in shape, why not try easy and even enjoyable ways to stay healthy. Being fit and feeling good is about positive changes, not negative sacrifices. Learn how to look forward to improving your well-being with these 5 easy ways to stay healthy.
- Walk instead of driving. Walk to work, to the post office, to the bus stop, to your friend's house. Whenever you are going somewhere within walking distance, do it on your feet. This is a simple, easy way to burn calories, shed excess fat, improve blood circulation, and get some fresh air. As an added bonus you won't only stay healthy, you'll also save money on gas.
- Drink water. Invest in a cool water bottle and carry it with your everywhere. Try to drink a minimum of eight glasses or 64 fluid ounces every day. Drinking water is simple, yes, but it is also incredibly good for you. By constantly taking in water you are effectively flushing toxins and waste from your body and staying hydrated. Improve skin tone, hair health, and energy levels, and even slow the aging process, all with a good old glass of water.
- Eat more fruit. This is one of the easy ways to stay healthy for several reasons. First, all fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which your body needs to thrive and to protect itself from damage on a cellular level. Eating fruit is also cleansing because of a high fiber and water content. Also, by snacking on grapes, bananas, strawberries, and plums you are curbing your craving for chips, cookies, muffins and other snacks that are high in sugar and refined carbohydrates but lacking in nutritional value.
- Get some sun. Yes, it's that easy to stay healthy, all you have to do is catch a few rays once in awhile. Ten to fifteen minutes a day is enough to supply your body with valuable vitamin D, which is necessary for immune health, strong and healthy bones, and disease prevention. Keep in mind however that excess sun exposure can have a negative effect; wear sunblock if you like to play in the sun for long periods of time.
- Treat yourself. Do something nice for yourself to help relieve stress and tension. Make an appointment for a therapeutic massage, take a vacation, treat yourself to a good book and a cup of tea. Remember, to stay healthy mental well-being is important too.