With winter fast approaching, it’s nice to have something sweet to eat by the fire, so here are 5 easy winter dessert recipes. These easy winter dessert recipes should help warm up the evening and taste yummy, too.
Winter Dessert Recipe for Rum and Ricotta Tiramisu
- 1 c. low-fat ricotta cheese
- ¾ c. light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. rum or cognac
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1-1/2 c. espresso or strong coffee cooled
- 16 ladyfingers
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- Beat cheeses, rum and sugar until light and creamy.
- Pour coffee into large shallow dish.
- Dip half of ladyfingers into coffee.
- Lay dipped side down in bottom of serving dish.
- Spread cheese mixture over ladyfingers and dust with cocoa.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least six hours.
- Dust with cocoa before serving.
Winter Dessert Recipe for Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 1 package silken tofu drained
- 3 oz. finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ c. water
- 1 tbsp. brandy
- ½ c. plus ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 1-1/3 tsp. shaved chocolate
- Puree tofu until smooth.
- Put chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, ¼ c. water and brandy in double boiler. Stir frequently until smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in ½ c. sugar until smooth.
- Add chocolate mix to tofu and puree until smooth and blended.
- Spoon into serving dishes, cover and put in refrigerator for one or more hours.
- Whip cream with beater. When almost whipped add ½ tsp. sugar and continue whipping.
- Top with dollup of whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Winter Dessert Recipe for Coffee Granita
- 2 c. lukewarm espresso or strong black coffee
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. coffee flavored liqueur
- 1 tsp. orange or lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients.
- Stir until sugar melts.
- Pour into 9” x 13” pan and place in freezer for ½ hour.
- Take out of freezer and scrape ice crystals off.
- Return to freezer and scrape about every 20-30 minutes for three to four hours.
- When completely frozen, fluff with fork and allow flakes to dry in freezer for ½ hour.
- Scoop into goblets and top with slightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Add zest if you choose to.
Winter Dessert Recipe for Warm Fruit Stew
- 3 c. mixed tropical fruit
- ¼ c. light syrup
- 1 tbsp. sweet butter cut in cubes
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint raspberry sorbet
- Put fruit in frying pan and add syrup.
- Cook on medium for two minutes and shake pan get the syrup on the fruit.
- Add butter, pinch of salt, and lemon juice and continue cooking swirling around pan until butter is melted.
- Spoon fruit onto plate and place scoop of raspberry sorbet in center.
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- Place sugar and water in pan. Bring to boil, stir until all sugar is dissolved. Simmer five minutes and let cool. Use as needed.
Winter Dessert Recipe for Fresh Fruit Platter
- 2 ripe melons
- 1 pineapple
- 2 bunches grapes
- 1 pint fresh figs
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 red papaya
- Cut melons into ½ inch slices and fan out to make the base on platter
- Cut pineapple halves into ½ inch slices. Fan out next to melon on platter.
- Arrange remaining fruits of your choice in groups.
- Add flat green leaves like fig leaves or grape leaves for appeal.
- Use whatever fruits are in season that will add color to your platter.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.