Enjoy these 5 easy winter dinner recipes on cold days, while watching a good movie or playing your favorite music. Any of these 5 winter dinner recipes will surely warm you up.
1. Tomato and Vodka Winter Soup
This winter soup recipe is guaranteed to keep you warm.
- 2 (28 oz.) cans tomatoes
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 cups half-and -half
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- Salt and pepper
- Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a medium saucepan, until the onions become transparent.
- Add the broth or water, tomatoes, butter and vodka.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour in the half-and half and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve while warm.
2. Seasoned Winter Home Fries
- 6 medium potatoes, rinsed and wedged
- vegetable oil spray
- garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the potato wedges in a bowl and sprinkle them with the salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and oregano to taste.
- Toss all the ingredients, making sure that the seasonings fully coat the potato wedges.
- Spray a large baking sheet with vegetable oil spray
- Place the potato wedges on the baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the potatoes with oil spray.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft .
- Serve plain or with ketchup.
3. Tomato and Lentil Winter Soup This hearty soup recipe, served hot, is ideal in winter.
- 1 ¼ cups dried lentils
- 1 can (16 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Put the water in a large saucepan; add the lentils, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, until lentils are semi-soft.
- Pour in the tomatoes, and simmer until lentils are tender.
4. Sausage Casserole Winter Dinner
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. sausage meat
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. sage
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 2 eggs, separated, (egg whites beaten until stiff)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water, until tender.
- Drain well, puree by hand with a potato masher, and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the sausage, mashing it with a fork, until golden.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, herbs, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Combine this mixture with the mashed potatoes.
- Add the egg yolks and the egg whites, mixing gently.
- Transfer the mixture into a buttered baking pan, and bake at 375 F for about 30 minutes.
5. Winter Brussels Sprouts With Orange Juice
- 4 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cups fresh-squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp. cornstarch·
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a large saucepan with enough water, bring to a boil until tender.
- Drain, and transfer the Brussels sprouts into another large saucepan with the butter. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour in the orange juice.
- Dissolve the cornstarch with the ½ cup of water, and add to the Brussels sprouts, mixing well, until thick.
- Add the ground cinnamon, and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.