5 Eczema Herbal Remedies
If you suffer from this chronic skin condition and haven't found conventional treatments to work, try these 5 eczema herbal remedies for natural relief and healing. Herbs can be used to treat the dry, itching skin, but they can also be used to create a state of inner balance, purifying the blood, removing toxins and reducing stress. These actions help to remedy the causes of eczema rather than simply addressing the symptoms. Learn about these 5 herbal remedies for eczema and decide what might be right for you.
- Drink a healing herbal infusion. Make an eczema herbal tea by mixing equal parts of figwort, nettles and red clover. Take two teaspoons of the dried herbs and infuse in one cup of boiled water for ten minutes. Drink one to three cups daily. These herbs are alteratives; they act to correct a polluted state of the blood.
- If digestion is poor, make a tea of dandelion and milk thistle. These herbs will offer support to the digestive system by aiding the liver and kidneys. Poor digestion and the subsequent accumulation of waste in the body can be one of the root causes of eczema.
- If stress is a problem, try peppermint and valerian. A calming eczema herbal tea can address stress, tension and anxiety, which often are contributing factors in skin disorders. Drink one cup in the evening each day.
- Use an herbal compress. Of these 5 eczema herbal remedies, this is one that can be applied topically to bring instant relief. Like the herbal teas, it will also encourage healing. Make a strong infusion with equal parts chickweed and marigold, using four teaspoons total for one cup of water. Soak a clean cloth in the infusion and then apply to the skin.
- Take an oat bath. Oats are a wonderfully soothing and effective herbal remedy for eczema. Oats are rich in saponins and silicic acid. Swirl half a cup of ground oats in warm bath water. Soak for fifteen minutes.
These are 5 excellent eczema herbal remedies. They are all effective at correcting this skin disorder, but they also act to improve overall well-being, thereby equipping the body with the tools it needs to remain healthy and strong.