5 Elegant Appetizers For Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a great time to display your cooking prowess and these 5 elegant appetizers for Thanksgiving are just the start you need. These recipes are simple to prepare, but will add just that touch of elegance to your Thanksgiving table.
Elegant Dilled Baby Carrot Appetizers for Thanksgiving
- 2 lbs. baby carrots
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/3 cup water
- 1 -1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. mustard seed
- 4 to 6 tbsp. minced fresh dill weed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Place carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a slow boil. Simmer over low heat for five to seven minutes until carrots are tender.
- Mix vinegar, water, sugar and mustard seed in large saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Drain carrots when they are tender. Add to vinegar mixture. Add dill, salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate eight hours before serving. Remove carrots from liquid before serving.
Elegant Cranberry Salsa with Chips
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, washed
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cups minced onion
- 8 tbsp. minced cilantro
- 4 oranges for the zest
- 4 oranges peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup honey
- 2 jalepeños, seeded and minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, finely chop cranberries. Move cranberries to a mixing bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the cranberries. Mix well.
- Adjust seasonings to suit taste. Cover and refrigerate for minimum of three hours, maximum of three days, before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Elegant Asparagus and Prosciutto Appetizers
- Asparagus spears, as many as desired
- Prosciutto (thinly sliced), one slice per spear
- Separate asparagus spears. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear.
- Arrange on serving platter. Keep cool until ready to serve.
Elegant Focaccia with Onions and Herb Appetizer for Thanksgiving
- 1 (16 oz.) package refrigerator pizza dough
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp. chopped oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Parmesan cheese, grated to half a cup
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface. Shape into ten by fifteen-inch rectangle.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Press the dough into the greased pan.
- Mix olive oil and spices in a small bowl. Brush half of the herb oil over the dough. Set dough aside for one hour to rise slightly.
- Using your fingers, make depressions in the dough. Sprinkle onion slices and shaved Parmesan over top.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until golden at 400 degrees. Brush with the remaining herb oil.
Elegant Shrimp Appetizer for Thanksgiving
- 6 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2-1/2 lbs. cooked shrimp
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add minced garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the shrimp. Simmer for one to two minutes to combine flavors.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and stir to blend well. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.