5 Essential Men's '80s Fashions
Bad fashion ruled the '80s, but there are 5 essential men's '80s fashions that most men would not be caught dead wearing today. Whether you are dressing up for a party or researching 1980s fashion trends, read this article on styles for the '80s man.
- Members-only jackets This essential men's '80s fashion was a must-have to look stylish and hot for the ladies. Members-only jackets came in leather material and in different colors to match any outfit a guy wore. This jacket was popular for young and older sophisticated men.
- Acid-washed jeans These tight jeans weren't only for women--it was included in men's '80s fashion, too! The straight-legged jeans were big for guys who wanted to emulate big haired metal bands.
- Miami Vice look Don Johnson became a trendsetter in the mid '80s wearing bright suits with a touch of a casual look. These suits were popular '80s men fashions and can be worn with a regular (colorful) T-shirt underneath the jacket. For a cooler look, pull up the sleeves to their jackets and wear loafers (no socks) and sunglasses.
- Michael Jackson look Young men all over the globe imitated the King of Pop's style the best they can. High-water pants, fingerless gloves and star-studded red leather jackets were heavily popular in men's fashion. Doing the moonwalk while in these clothes was a bonus, too.
- Preppy clothes These clothes were made for the man who stayed away from outrageous clothes and preferred the conservative look that makes him distinguishable. Khaki pants, penny loafers and a polo shirt was a great style. A monogram or argyle sweater tied around the shoulders completed the look.