5 Exercises For Losing Weight
There are five exercises for losing weight fast and efficiently. Any exercise will help you lose weight, but these ones work well to target fat and get results.
- Circuit Training The point of circuit training is to move quickly from one exercise to another with little rest. One circuit consists of two or three cardio or strength exercises without resting until all repetitions are complete. A short 30 second to a minute break between after each circuit is allowed. The point is to move quickly between each exercise to keep the heart rate up and burn more calories in a shorter time span.
- Swimming When you swim the body works all major muscle groups including the core and burns nearly 400 calories an hour. Many people choose swimming as a weight loss exercise because it offers a low impact work out with a high calorie burn.
- Intervals Many people use intervals to get the most out of their cardio work out. Interval training alternates high impact moment of activity with lighter activity. Adding burst of high intensity into your walk, jog, or elliptical work out burns more calories in the same amount of time because you work harder and increase the heart rate.
- Strength Training Working the muscles by building strength creates stronger muscles. Muscle burns fat longer. Adding strength training will create a leaner body and burn more calories.
- Walking Taking a brisk one-hour walk potentially burns 500 calories. Walking is great way to lose weight, plus you can get your friends or family to join you to keep it fun and interesting.
Posted on: Sep. 13, 2010