These 5 exercises for rheumatoid arthritis in the fingers are gentle exercises which can keep your joints mobile and bring comfort to hurting joints. Range of motion movements help prevent stiffness and keep bones and cartilage healthy, removing toxins and waste. Keeping finger muscles limber will also help to prevent injury during daily activity.
- Bend fingers down to your palm. Hold your wrist and hand straight, and bend the last two joints of your fingers towards your palm, one at a time. Hold each for five seconds. Perform this twice a day.
- Make a fan with your fingers. With your hand relaxed and knuckles straight, slowly spread your fingers as far apart as you can. Maintain this fan like position for five seconds. Repeat on the other hand.
- Make an "O" by reaching your index finger towards your thumb. This exercise for rheumatoid arthritis in the fingers will help improve dexterity of the fingers. Hold this position on each hand for 5 to 20 seconds.
- Pretend you are grasping something in your hand. Gently make a fist by squeezing your fingers into your palm, then stretch your fingers back out to neutral position. Repeat several times.
- Do water exercises. Water exercises for those with rheumatoid arthritis in the fingers can be beneficial due to reduced stress on the joints when under water. Get in a warm pool and slowly move and stretch fingers as if you are playing a piano.
Try to perform these exercises twice a day and you should see improvements in your condition. Avoid exercises for rheumatoid arthritis when your joints feel hot, since exercise can increase heat and swelling. Make exercises part of your routine, performing them when you are least symptomatic.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.