These 5 exotic police cars are so spectacular, they will almost make you want to break the law just so you can sit in one. Still practical, the exotic police cars are fitted with the latest advancements in police technology including, video, computer, radio and GPS systems. Cities around the world are starting to use flasher models of police cars so they have more presence on the road, and help deter crimes from happening.
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia. The Italian police force have been using the Lamborghini Gallardo since 2004. The exotic police car has a 560 hp engine and can reach speeds of up to 203 mph, and is in service with Lazio Highway Police Department in order to continue accident and crime prevention. The 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia has automatic recognition of number plate tracking, real-time transmission of images to the control rooms, and high-tech video system with real-time retrieval. The Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia is painted in accordance with “blu Polizia”, so the white stripes and lettering follow the Gallardo’s dynamic design angles.
- Lotus Exige. The exotic sports car will be used by Bankstown Local Area Command for a number of community policing roles, including raising the communities profile during work at Random Breath Testing, Radar and Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) sites. A top speed of 150 mph, the exotic police car is only driven by police class 1 drivers who have gone through months of driver training courses. The main use for the Lotus Exige is to tackle illegal racers. Giving the Norfolk Police credibility with the performance car enthusiasts, the exotic police car assist the force operationally by promoting road safety crime prevention messages to a targeted group of offenders.
- Techart Porsche 911 Carrera. Released in 2005, the exotic police car was designed to increase awareness and support for safe and legal tuning. Sporting the official green police markings, and the blue police light bar on the roof , it can go from 0-62 mph in 4.5 seconds. The Techart Porsche 911 Carrera has 20-inch five-spoke wheels with 305/25 ZR 20 tires, and custom-calibrated Vario sport suspension with struts that are adjustable in height, bound and rebound. The 2005 exotic police car has top speed of 186 mph, and was a joint innovation by the Bundesverkehrsministerium (German Federal Traffic Ministry), VDAT (Association of German Automobile Tuners) and the Essen Motor Show.
- Spyker C8 Spyder. In the Netherlands, Spyker created the C8 Spyder supercars for the Frevoland police. The C8 Spyder’s light-weight aluminum body is wrapped around a mid-engine version of the 4.2 liter engine used in the Audi S8. The $340,000 exotic police car is a hand built roadster built by Spyker, and powered by an Audi 4.2L V8 engine. The Spyker C8 Spyder can go from 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, and can reach a top speed of 187 mph. The two door silver convertible has police lights mounted on the back, and red and blue stripes running vertically on each car door side.
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti HGTS. Used during Ferrari`s 2007 60th Anniversary relay in the UK, the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti HGTS is decked out in police colors. The exotic police car was driven by police officer volunteers from five forces across the UK. The tour provided the special 612 Scaglietti HGTS for the police service of England, Ireland and Wales to drive which reinforced Ferrari`s commitment to responsible driving and promoting road safety. The Ferrari 612 Scaglietti HGTS features, the HGTS (Handling GTS package) and also has Daytona style seats, personalized stitching and leather details, yellow rev counter, yellow brake callipers and Scuderia Ferrari shields.
Before the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 was even delivered to my doorstep for the week I wanted to prove it could be a d ...
Remember that sweet Lamborghini poster you had as a kid? On a sunny Southern California Sunday, we got to test drive a c ...
Fuzzy dice might be nice, but they don’t count as a dire necessity that you should have in your car. Five other items do ...