If you've been diagnosed with Gonorrhea you will likely want to learn as much as possible about the disease, and reading these 5 facts about Gonorrhea is a simple starting point on your journey of understanding. Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease that, when diagnosed, can leave you with a sense of fear and uncertainty. In learning about Gonorrhea you'll want to know what to expect, the impact that it will have on your current and future relationships, and most importantly how to successfully treat it. Once you've read the five facts about Gonorrhea that are listed below, follow up with the wealth of in-depth information to be had online. Most importantly, your physician should be able to answer all the questions that you may have.
- The cause. Gonorrhea is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. This is a bacterium that grows in the urinary canal, mouth, throat, and anus. People contract Gonorrhea by having vaginal, anal or oral sex.
- Symptoms and signs. Another important fact about Gonorrhea involves the symptoms. When learning about Gonorrhea, it's important to know the symptoms associated with the disease. Men will often notice signs between 2 to 30 days after infection. Signs are generally a discharge from the penis that is yellow, green or white and a burning sensation when urinating.
- Commonality. Gonorrhea is highly infectious and according to the CDC up to 700,000 new cases are diagnosed yearly in the United States.
- Treatment. Gonorrhea can be successfully cured with antibiotics; however there are cases of resistant strains of the disease around the world.
- Lack of treatment. If left untreated men may develop a painful inflammation of the tubes that carry sperm from the penis. This inflammation is called epididymitis and can lead to infertility if medical care is not sought. If Gonorrhea spreads to the blood or joints the results can be deadly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.