5 Facts About The Penis
Just because you have a penis, doesn't mean that there still aren't five facts about the penis out there that you don't already know. In fact, knowing five facts about the penis will not only add interesting trivia to your party conversation arsenal—it might even make you appreciate it that much more. And you thought that wasn't possible.
- A reason to quite smoking. Smoking can shorten the length of a penis by about a centimeter in some men. Smoking inhibits the body's blood flow, making it more difficult to have an erection.
- Another use for the foreskin. Most men are circumcised, having their foreskin removed as infants. But if you hang on to it, doctors now have the technology to use the foreskin to grow more skin for burn victims.
- More than one kind of penis. Some penises stay about the same size when they get erect; this type of penis is known as a "show-er" (yep, that's a technical term). The opposite of the show-er is of course the grower, which lengthens and widens when it is erect.
- And you thought cold showers were just to help wake you up. Cold showers actually work to get rid of an erection because the cold effects your nervous system. You've surely heard "go take a cold shower" used as a line for sexual rejection, and now you know it's more than just a turn of phrase. And, when self-imposed, can possibly a lifesaver at times.
- One reason not to be overly rough during sex. You really should already know that there is no bone in the penis, but during rough sex the penis can experience a fracture. You'd hear a distinct snap and pop and be in intense pain if that happened, along with lots of bruising. A penile fracture is much more likely to happen to younger men since erections in younger men are harder and therefore have an easier chance of being injured from aggressive movement.