5 Famous Athletes On Steroids
You know there are a lot more than five famous athletes on steroids. But, these famous athletes on steroids caused a huge stir in their respective athletic communities. Athlete's on steroids have pretty much become an accepted, though frowned upon aspect of American culture. This guy's juicing. This guy's on the needle. It's almost as if pure athleticism just doesn't exist anymore in pro sports. Skill level just isn't enough. Athletes on illegal steroids are cheaters, simple and plain. The funny part is, when they get caught, they want you to feel sorry for them. Really, you're making millions of dollars a year and you expect the public to feel bad for you because you felt you needed to cheat to compete. Sorry, but no thanks. Here are five famous athletes on steroids.
- Barry Bonds. This guy was just special. He got caught juicing up, and what did he do? He argued that steroids don't help you with the basic fundamentals of the game of baseball. He's right, they don't. But what athletes on steroids can do is build unrealistic muscle. They can develop above human speed. And yes, these wrongfully acquired abilities can allow an athlete on steroids to hit the ball a lot farther. Mr asterisk. Yeah you hit a boat load of homeruns. And, you probably could have done it without the juice. But, you used the juice. So that makes you a cheater.
- Doug Barron. Golfing enthusiasts know who this dork is. The PGA tour introduced a no steroids policy in 2008. This guy failed the tests. Who ever heard of a golfer needing steroids? A golfer? Really!? Who would've thought that you'd need super human strength to slap that little white ball a few hundred yards? Apparently this guy did. In a sport where your "athletes" can be 60 year old men, you'd never expect to find an athlete on steroids here.
- Lyle Alzado. You remember this big guy? He was the infamous poster child for steroid abuse in the NFL. This defensive end was a murderer on the field. He admitted to taking steroids nearly his entire football career. So, was he a bad guy. No. He was a real man. He admitted his mistakes and actually worked to teach kids to stay off of anabolic steroids. Unlike some of the other guys on this list, he didn't ask for people to feel sorry for him.
- The Governator. Yes Arnold Swarzenegger admitted to being a former athlete on steroids. You see, these old school guys have heart. Yes he admitted to using steroids. But he used them during a time before they were considered illegal. Oh, and he didn't cry on the stand in front of a jury like the next guy.
- Mark Mcquire. Talk about a special breed of athlete. Some of these dudes couldn't lie about the steroids issue even if they wanted to. When he came into the league he was a thin framed guy. Now he's got arms big enough to make Popeye jealous. Come on Mark, really? The funniest part about this guy's situation is that he tried to lie to a judge and jury about his drug use. When he got caught, he did what all real men do. He cried. You would've been better off just admitting the obvious. A blind man that has never seen a game of baseball could tell that you were juicing dude.