Do you love the game of baseball and wonder if you could name 5 famous baseball players from the 1920s? If you can’t, you really should stop and think about them now. These are the men who made baseball the much-loved game that it is today. They are also the ones who inspired other players, even the famous ones of today. For this reason, we all should know not only their names, but a little bit about their careers.
- Babe Ruth: When you think of famous baseball players of the 1920s, Babe Ruth should come to your mind. In 1927, George Herman Ruth, who most recognized by the name of Babe Ruth, set a total record breaker of 60 homeruns. This record did not get broken until 1961, by Roger Eugene Maris. Babe Ruth was playing for the Yankees when he made those 60 homeruns.
- Ray Chapman: Ray may be famous more for the way he died than just his baseball ability, although he was considered the boy wonder in baseball. Some even said that on the day he died he was enjoying his best season yet. Ray was a shortstop for the Cleveland Indians. In mid-August during a game against the White Sox, Ray was hit in the head. He was rushed to the hospital and into surgery, where he became worse during the night. He died on the following morning at 4:00 am.
- Lou Gehrig: Many consider Lou Gehrig to be the greatest first basement ever. He is known for record of 2,130 consecutive games played for the New York Yankees.
- Hi Bell: Hi Bell is famous for being a pitcher at the start and the end of a winning a game that went on to become a doubleheader. This feat was accomplished in 1924. He then copied this same feat again in 1924. Both times he was playing for the Cardinals.
- Edd Roush: Ed was one of the most feared hitters for the National League. He was also one of the highest paid. In 1926, The Giants paid him $22,500 for a three year contract.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.