You've heard about Babe Ruth, but who where the 5 Famous Baseball Players from the 1930's? If you are a major league baseball fan or just a fan of baseball period, you may have some favorites from yesteryear. We’ve put together five of the most famous baseball players from the 1930’s.
- George Herman Ruth, Jr. Better known as “Babe” Ruth began with the Red Sox and later traded to the Yankees. There was said to be a curse against the Sox that he stated. Whether true or not, the Sox went 86 years before they won a World Series again. Babe was also called the ‘Sultan of Swat’ and the Bambino. He hit 714 home runs in 22 seasons. Although he was a great baseball player before the 30’s, he hit home run number 714 in 1935. A week later he retired from baseball.
- Lou Gehrig of the New York Yankees, he was the first to appear on a Wheaties box cereal in 1934. He won the Triple Crown batting title in 1934. He had 23 grand slams in his career.
- Joe DiMaggio, also known as “Joltin’ Joe” led the New York Yankees to the World Series title in four consecutive years, from 1936 to 1939.
- Mel Ott of the New York Giants was a 511 home run hitter during his career and from 1932 to 1936; he was the National League home run leader.
- Jimmie Fox of the Philadelphia Athletics took the Triple Crown of the American League with 48 homers, 163 RBI and a .356 batting average in 1933.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.