Looking for 5 famous Hispanic basketball players? Hispanic basketball players do exist, you just have to know where to look! Hispanic basketball players are a rare find as Hispanics choose to play sports like soccer and baseball more, but the ones we found are impressive enough to make this list. Read on to learn more about these 5 famous Hispanic basketball players.
- Manu Ginobili. Originally hailing from Bahia Blanca, Argentina, Manu Ginobili currently plays for the NBA's San Antonio Spurs. At only 32 and a decent six feet, six inches tall, Ginobili plays guard for the Spurs and averages an even more decent 19.4 points per game.
- Eduardo Najera. Eduardo Najera is a forward for the New Jersey Nets basketball team and went to college in Oklahoma. At 235 pounds and six feet, eight inches tall, Najera has been in the pros for a good nine years. He is only the second Mexican-born Hispanic to play in the NBA.
- Carlos Arroyo. A guard for the Miami Heat, Carlos Arroyo was recently promoted to starting guard for the team and franchise. Standing at a mere six feet, two inches tall, Arroyo only averages slightly more than five points per game, but that can be attributed to his failure to start for a number of years. This Hispanic basketball player was born in Puerto Rico, but attended high school and college in America.
- Carlos Delfino. Carlos Delfino is currently both a forward and guard, as the situation dictates, for Milwaukee in the NBA. At only 27 years old, Delfino already has a four-year-old daughter. He was a member of the 2004, gold medal-winning Argentina National Team at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece.
- Anderson Varejao. Standing an imposing six feet, eleven inches tall, Anderson Varejao is a forward and center for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA. Originally from Santa Teresa, Brazil, he is only 27 years old. Varejao was selected in the 2004 NBA draft by the Orlando Magic in the second round.
There are few events more worthless than NBA regular-season games. Some off the top of my head: the fourth day of second ...
The NBA has cancelled the first two weeks of the season. Hard times call for sacrifice, and this year it’s going to be y ...
The NBA has officially banned a pair of performance enhancing basketball shoes over fears that the super-powered kicks w ...