These five famous Hispanic football players are either of Hispanic decent, or happened to be born in a Latin American country. The famous Hispanic football players were selected for their on and off the field heroics, moments that will be remembered fondly in the history of Hispanic football players.
- Ted Hendricks was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala. Ted Hendricks played 15 football seasons as a linebacker. Ted has four Superbowl rings and was selected to participate in the NFL Pro Bowl eight times. In 1990 Ted Hendricks was elected to the NFL Hall of Fame.
- Ignacio Saturnino (Lou) Molinet was the first Hispanic football player to play in the NFL. Lou Molinet began playing for the Frankford Yellow Jackets which is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the year 1927. He played in nine football seasons as a full back.
- Steve Van Buren was born in La Ceiba, Honduras. Steve Buren began his career as a Philadelphia Eagle and played in eight football seasons as a half back. He was elected to the NFL Hall of Fame in 1965.
- Tom Fears was born in Guadalajara, Mexico. Tom Fears began his career with the Los Angeles Rams as a wide receiver, and went on to play nine football seasons. Known for being a versatile player and displaying his athleticism on the defense, Tom Fears was elected to the NFL Hall of Fame in 1970.
- Anthony Muñoz is of Mexican-American descent. Anthony Muñoz was picked third in the first round of the 1980 NFL draft as an offensive tackle by the Cincinnati Bengals. Muñoz played thirteen seasons and is considered to be the best to ever play his position. Anthony Muñoz was selected to play in eleven consecutive Pro Bowls and was elected to the NFL Hall of Fame in 1998.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …