Mexico is widely known for producing talented soccer players and the country's 5 famous Mexican soccer players. Retired and current Mexican soccer players make up the list and all have played on the Mexican National Team. These famous Mexican soccer players were all born in Mexico and represented the country during a World Cup series.
- Hugo Sanchez Márquez. Hugo Sanchez is the most famous Mexican soccer player because he is considered one of the greatest Mexican players. Starting his soccer career with Club Universidad Nacional in 1976, Hugo Sánchez Márquez played in 200 games and scored 99 goals until leaving in 1981 to play with Atlético Madrid. It was during his time with Real Madrid from 1985 to 1992 that Hugo shined by earning five Spanish La Liga Top Scorer awards for his 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988 and 1990 seasons. During Sanchez's time with Real Madrid, he played in 283 games, scoring 253 goals and making him the most famous Mexican soccer player.
- Rafael Márquez Álvarez. Álvarez began his Mexican soccer career with Atlas in 1996. Starting his career at the age of seventeen as a defender, Álvarez played in 77 games during his three seasons with Atlas. Playing with the Mexican National Soccer Team during the 1999 FIFA Confederations Cup and the CONCACAF Gold Cup, Rafael was a key player during tournaments. He is still rising to fame and in July 2007 became a part of the "Dream Team" in the Copa America of Venezuela while representing Mexico.
- Jared Borgetti. Born Jared Francisco Borgetti Echavarría in Mexico, Borgetti has been playing professional soccer since 1993. Starting his career representing Atlas, Jared Borgetti stayed three seasons before moving to Santos Laguna in 1996. As a striker, Jared Borgetti played in 295 games, scoring 189 goals during his eight seasons with Santos Laguna. In 2000 he was awarded Mexican Primera División Footballer of the Year and Mexican Primera División Top Scorer. He is the current leading goal scorer for the Mexican national team, making Jared Borgetti one of the most famous Mexican soccer players ever.
- Claudio Suarez. In 1988 at the age of twenty, Claudio Suarez started playing soccer for the Mexican team Pumas UNAM as a defender. His career at Pumas UNAM lasted until 1996 and during that time he played in 204 games, winning two Concacaf Gold Cup and one Mexican Primera División. In 2006 Claudio Suarez was chosen for Ricardo La Volpe's provisional 26-man squad, in which he became a member of the Mexican national team at the FIFA World Cup. He is one of the most famous Mexican soccer players because he currently holds the record for most caps for the Mexican National Team.
- Luis Hernandez. Retired famous Mexican soccer player Luis Hernandez started his professional soccer career with Cruz Azul in 1990. Luis Hernandez became a famous Mexican soccer player when he was the leading goal scorer in the 1997 Copa America with six goals. The following year Luis Hernandez became the first Mexican soccer player to score more than two goals in a World Cup during the 1998 FIFA World Cup.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.