Listing five famous soccer players in Argentina is an easy task when you consider how many great soccer players are from that nation. Many soccer players from Argentina are beloved the world over. With soccer being the most famous sport around the world, every man should know these Argentinian soccer greats.
- Leo Messi. Messi is one of the most famous soccer players in Argentina. Some may argue that he is one of the best soccer players in the world, taking into account his numerous nominations and awards including Ballon d’Or, an award given to the European Footballer of the Year, and FIFA World Player of the year, an award given by the International Federation of Association Football, the international governing body of soccer.
- Carlos Tevez. Tevez is a longtime member of the Argentina national soccer team, making him an Argentinean crowd favorite. His nickname, "El Apache," was taken from the nickname of his hometown. His famous scars came from a burn accident in childhood, which he refuses to have cosmetically removed.
- Sergio Aguero. Aguero is a world famous striker from Argentina. Having played for the Argentine Olympic team as well as in the World Cup, makes Sergio one of the most famous soccer players in Argentina.
- Juan Roman Riquelme. Riquelme is an Argentine footballer, playing the position of midfielder, deftly and to the thrill of his many fans in Argentina. A longstanding member of the Argentina national football team, his long career has included many big wins.
- Martin Palermo. Palermo is an Argentine soccer player with the nickname "El Loco." Among soccer fans his career at Boca Juniors in Argentina is considered legendary, due mainly to the high amount of goals he scored. Palermo has idol status in Argentina and his stats back up the title. Palermo is ranked eighth all time in a career goals for the Argentine League.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.