5 Fat Burning Foods
On the quest to burn fat it is helpful to know at least 5 fat burning foods and how to use them. Diets don’t work and are not a viable solution for long term weight loss and maintenance. The best way to lose weight is to eat healthy balance meals, control portions size, exercise at least thirty minutes each day, and to educate yourself on fat burning foods.
- Berries. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are just a partial list of berries that are an important source of antioxidants, fiber, and slowly absorbed carbohydrates that helps prevent insulin spikes and fights the creation of belly fat.
- Oatmeal. There are so many benefits to eating a bowl of oatmeal each morning. Oatmeal contains “good fats” needed for fat burning, is low in calories, high in fiber, and absolutely will lower cholesterol and LDL cholesterol levels. Eat oatmeal every morning with your favorite fruit and nuts.
- Nuts. Eating one to two ounces of almonds, walnuts, cashews, or just about any type of nuts provides fiber and “good fats” your body will use to burn belly fat. Choose nuts that are not processed with salt and fat. Shop a local natural food store for the best types of nuts or natural nut butter.
- Flax Seed, Fish Oils, and Fish. Flax seed and fish oils are very high in omega-3 fatty acids which help maintain healthy levels of triglycerides and cholesterol. Omega-3 fatty acid can not be made by the body. Some may find fish oil supplements too harsh on the stomach to take daily. Eating salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, lake trout, or sardines several times a week will provide enough Omega-3 fatty acids to burn fat and your heart will thank you.
- Avocados. Avocados have a bad reputation for having a high fat content which generated the nickname “butter pear”, however, the fat is monounsaturated or “good fat” your body needs to lower cholesterol levels and fight belly fat. Eat half a slice avocado each day in your salad or by itself and forget the mayonnaise for a healthier diet.