5 Fat Men Fashion Tips
Entire books have been dedicated to fashion for fat women while very little has been written about fashion for fat men, but here are 5 fat men fashion tips to help remedy the situation.
- Buy clothes that fit. Wearing something that's two sizes too small just because you can't admit that you're fat only makes you look fatter. It can be difficult to admit that you've gained weight, but it's a great excuse for treating yourself to new clothes.
- Tailor your clothes. Clothes need to be the right fit in addition to being the right size. Ideally, tailor the clothes you wear to work and out in the evenings to eliminate excess material that only adds bulk to your frame.
- Go for an understated look. A fat man in a glaring Hawaiian-print shirt attracts more attention to his bulk than a fat man in a well-tailored understated shirt. You don't need to dress like you're going to a funeral, but stick to solid-color classics. There's no reason fat men can't be elegantly fashionable.
- Groom yourself. Fat men's fashion isn't just about clothes. You may not be able to do anything about your weight immediately, but you can make sure that you look and smell impeccable. Invest time and money on your skin and hair. Buy a subtle masculine cologne and use it. Fat men's fashion is all about doing the most with what you have right now.
- Pay attention to your accessories. Ditch anything that draws attention to your weight, like a ring that's cutting off the circulation to your finger or a watch that digs into your wrist. Avoid accessories like skinny ties that only make you look larger in comparison.
Posted on: Oct. 06, 2010