5 Father's Day Ideas For A Rainy Day
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about five Father's Day ideas for a rainy day. No matter if you are trying to honor your dad, or if you kids are trying to honor you, these ideas are sure to please everyone!
- Play cards on Father's Day. This is one of the best ways that you can spend a rainy Father's Day. Try to play games that involve as many people as possible in order to include the entire group.
- Rent a movie on Father's Day. Men typically enjoy watching movies--however, they often are forced to accept the choices made by their wives, girlfriends, or kids. Let dad pick the movie on this day. And don't complain about the choice that he makes!
- Look at old photo albums on Father's Day. This is another great way to celebrate that is sure to get everyone smiling. Look for old pictures of the dad who is being honored, as well as pictures of his kids (and grand kids). You may even want to blow up a few, extra special pictures, and give them to dad as a gift.
- Cook a special meal for Father. Everyone has heard the old saying "the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Cook dad's favorite foods, being sure to include dessert. Make sure there are plenty of leftovers for him to enjoy over the next few days.
- Finally, share old stories about dad. Ask him about memorable experiences from his childhood, school days, and current life experiences. Make sure to share your own favorite stories about dad.
Posted on: Oct. 14, 2010