If you are having a party, you may be looking for the 5 best Feta cheese appetizer recipes. These recipes are mouthwatering and tasty. These Feta cheese appetizer recipes range in skill from simple to tough. Although Feta is mostly found in Greek recipes, it can add flavor and a touch of flair to almost any dish.
Broiled Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cups onions, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. fresh dill
- 4 tsp. roasted red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/3 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 pita rounds
- In a skillet heat olive and sesame oils. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove from burner and add both cream cheese and Feta cheese.
- Mix in olives, peppers and dill. Fry pitas until slightly toasted. Spread mixture evenly over pitas. Broil until hot. Cut and serve.
Feta Cheese Dip
- 8 oz. plain yogurt
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- Pita chips
- Combine all ingredients, except the pita chips. Refrigerate for at least two hours for flavors to mingle. Serve with pita chips.
- 2 cups margarine, melted
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 packages frozen spinach; 10 oz. thawed and drained
- Saute onion in the olive oil. Combine eggs, onion, parsley, Feta cheese, oregano and spinach. Fold in nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Cut phyllo dough into thirds. Brush one piece of phyllo in margarine. Fold in half and brush with margarine again.
- Place a teaspoon of mixture on the phyllo and fold into a triangle. Continue folding until you reach the end of the dough. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for twenty minutes.
Greek Feta Cheese Squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
Beat butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add olive oil and beat for another two minutes. While beating add milk, baking powder and Feta.
- Add half the flour and beat until smooth. Add the rest of the flour and hand kneed. Place dough in jelly roll pan and cut into one inch by one inch squares. Bake at 350 for twenty to 25 minutes.
Whipped Feta Cheese Spread
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients, except pepper, in the food processor. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until needed. Season with pepper before serving.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.