5 Fish Oil Benefits
In recent years there has been consistent evidence that the daily use of fish oil, or Omega-3 fatty acids, has loads of health benefits, and now you can learn about 5 fish oil benefits by reading some of the research. Here’s an overview of five fish oil benefits.
- Control Depression and Anxiety. Recent studies show that daily consumption of fish oil can have emotional benefits by controlling symptoms of depression and bipolar mood disorder. According to doctors, the Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil may make it easier for serotonin to travel through cell membranes. Serotonin is the chemical in our brain that controls our moods, and fish oil seems to promote healthier levels of serotonin.
- Prevent Heart Disease. Fish oil benefits heart function in many people. According to research, Omega-3 fatty acids reduce the occurrence of irregular heartbeats, reduce the levels of bad cholesterol, and prevent blockage of the heart’s arteries.
- Reduce Risk of Cancer. Many studies have shown that fish oil benefits cancer patients because it can slow the growth of tumors or cancerous cells. Fish oil can also have a variety of health benefits in cancer patients during chemotherapy, including improved nutrition and strengthen immune system function.
- Improve Eyesight. Studies show that fish oil benefits the overall health and functioning of your eyes, especially the retina. Fish oil benefits vision by slowing the process of age-related vision loss.
- Reduce Inflammation. Fish oil has the added benefit of reducing inflammation from infections or chronic conditions. Inflammatory processes are a natural part of the body’s healing process, but without the proper amount of omega-3, an inflammatory process can cause added health problems. Fish oil benefits the anti-inflammatory processes and speeds up healing